IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
robert gatten (Offline)
  #1 6/20/13 10:21 PM
Seems if a local driver wants to set up a table and sell shirts and hats at most tracks in Indiana they have a problem because tracks want driver to pay them $100 to $250 to promote and make a few bucks. Only exception to this is Lawrenceburg that doesn't charge local drivers. Seems low to me to not let the people that put on your show promote themselves,sprint car racing and tracks. Every time someone wears one of these shirts their helping the sport. If promoters need money this bad maybe they should raise hotdogs a quarter.
16 Likes: 3wide, 5JMOFFATTFAN!, billwill7, Charles Nungester, Dave Rudisell, dirtball, interpreter66, Jrp4554, Morgan7m, otgracing17, Racer12, slick01, smith19, SOROKACH35FAN, Ty, Xflagman
slick01 (Offline)
  #2 6/20/13 10:42 PM
This very thing may be why Brady Bacon's souvenir trailer wasn't at Bloomington during midget week.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #3 6/20/13 11:17 PM
Setup a scooby van in the front row of the parking lot nearest the gate.

I seen Sacha Ballou Selling them to the line to the buying tickets at Bloomington Last year out of her T Shirt Trailer (A BIG BIG SUITCASE! She sold out!.

I give it up to Chad and you guys, When the 57 isn't racing, He's still finding a way to do so. Boespflug has run the most races of any racer in the state of Indiana in sprint cars and thanks to Paul Hazen too!

I can see it being a problem at some tracks *Inside the gate* as room might be a problem but if they want cars to show up and keep coming back, They'd let them fund the way to get their cars there. I all but Guarantee you all those profits
are ate up in the cost of running a car. This isn't exactly WoO Nationwide sales here.

Charles Nungester
3 Likes: cmakin, flatout18, Ricks Pics
hoosierhillbilly (Offline)
  #4 6/21/13 5:58 AM
I see selling tshirts on the grounds as a way to better connect the fans to the drivers. If that connection is made then it might help bring the fan back the next week. This would be especially true for the track regulars that are running for points.

It would also help those that support the tracks. A few dollars more to the teams will bring them back which helps the track. More cars or consistant car counts can equal more fans.

It is also more convienant that the pits for those with families that cannot get to the pits.

The challenge is that the benefits to the track are not in green dollars and are hard to measure.

Posted via Mobile Device

Number three; You have the right to free speech; As long as You're not dumb enough to actually try it —The Clash
3 Likes: billwill7, Charles Nungester, SOROKACH35FAN
brian2h (Offline)
  #5 6/21/13 8:25 AM
i give away 2 kids shirts every race at lps. just my little donation to help build future race fans or drivers
19 Likes: apexonephoto, cleatziff, cowboyhar69, dirtball, FishBurger, jim goerge, Jrp4554, Koonzee, Midget 89, mowerman, Mud Packer, PIT CART, PJ Wright, Racer12, racing2bwithu2, Shawn, SOROKACH35FAN, Steve Wendel, Ty
illinisprintfan (Offline)
  #6 6/21/13 8:33 AM
Originally Posted by slick01:
This very thing may be why Brady Bacon's souvenir trailer wasn't at Bloomington during midget week.
Could be, but it was there for the Bloomington USAC Larry Rice race May 17th. Having space available to sell driver shirts also helps the fans that don't go back into the pits as often. Waiting until the last race is over and lugging a couple of dead asleep kids through the pits is nobody's idea of a good time.
5 Likes: Charles Nungester, Jrp4554, racen857, Shawn, weirracing
Midget 89 (Offline)
  #7 6/21/13 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by brian2h:
i give away 2 kids shirts every race at lps. just my little donation to help build future race fans or drivers
Well done, Brian. This kind of thinking can keep open wheel racing alive for years to come. I would also like to see tracks display a different quartermidget team each week to give youngsters something to think about.
racin jason (Offline)
  #8 6/21/13 1:10 PM
Originally Posted by Midget 89:
Well done, Brian. This kind of thinking can keep open wheel racing alive for years to come. I would also like to see tracks display a different quartermidget team each week to give youngsters something to think about.
Tri-State Speedway in Haubstadt, IN had 3 quarter midgets on display during their Memorial Day weekend race and there were kids lined up to sit in the cars. It's a great way to get kids involved into racing.