IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > meeting
2/7/13, 12:28 PM   #1
meeting
little Spike

Attention all Mini Sprint drivers and car owners:
The WRP and A.M.S.A. meeting will be held at the Waynesfield Race Park on Sunday Feb 10th, at 2:00 p.m.
This will be a information session so Please attend. It will be held in the concession building.

2/10/13, 8:03 PM   #2
minisprinter

Any body got info from the meeting

Posted via Mobile Device

2/11/13, 12:08 AM   #3
PatrickMead#13

Quote:
Originally Posted by minisprinter View Post
Any body got info from the meeting

Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

2/11/13, 8:31 AM   #4
WRP DK

Weights with driver: gas 1000cc = 900lbs, alcohol 1000cc = 925lbs, 600cc = 875lbs

Any Hoosier tire all four corners

Must use stock throttle body ( no Engler injection)

Transponders will be used. Westhold rechargeable units.

24 teams were in attendance.

Rules to be posted soon on website.

Posted via Mobile Device

2/11/13, 1:22 PM   #5
minisprinter

Thanks for the info we couldn't make it up for the meeying

Posted via Mobile Device

2/11/13, 6:44 PM   #6
WRP DK

Oh and we are going with WRP's 1000cc engine size rule also. Sure hope ya come out and support us, good things happening this season.

Posted via Mobile Device

2/11/13, 6:56 PM   #7
Jrp4554

so no American tires at all?

Posted via Mobile Device

2/11/13, 7:11 PM   #8
Re: meeting
pjohnson

Uprite minisprints are becoming just another spec class. How sad and yes i own a few. Almost every car we or my friends own are now ruled out somewhere just so sad. Buying new engines to meet the rules dont make this racing anymore affordable. We need more rules like southern States winter rules and montpelier's rules jmo Micro racing has different classes with different rules and plenty of cars. uprites/Div 2 midgets should try that. let cars run just add weight. The midgets have bigger engines but minisprints of all engine sizes can race seemingly fair with them because they add weight.

5 members like this post: Cadpro18, cwfan08, DAD, jjones752, Wayne Davis
2/11/13, 8:11 PM   #9
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohnson View Post
Uprite minisprints are becoming just another spec class. How sad and yes i own a few. Almost every car we or my friends own are now ruled out somewhere just so sad. Buying new engines to meet the rules dont make this racing anymore affordable. We need more rules like southern States winter rules and montpelier's rules jmo Micro racing has different classes with different rules and plenty of cars. uprites/Div 2 midgets should try that. let cars run just add weight. The midgets have bigger engines but minisprints of all engine sizes can race seemingly fair with them because they add weight.
Completely agree. I just bought a 1200, primarily to run non-wing at Montpelier, but it would be nice if there were other options on the off weekends. I had hoped that the AMSA having a 1200cc limit and occasional non-wing shows was one of those options, but apparently that's out the window now.
Hopefully Papa Outlaw will announce what tracks are going to be participating in the Div II Indiana swing soon, and when the races will be scheduled. I'm eager to support any organization that promotes the "less is more" rules philosophy.

3 members like this post: DAD, PatrickMead#13, pjohnson
2/11/13, 8:58 PM   #10
suzuki756

wow. No engler injection I only know one person that has that system looks like picking on one person to me. that system is no faster than any other mechanical injection. 25 lbs different for gas to alky crazy that's great if you have 100lb driver. glad I sold my mini stuff had to get out while stuff still worth something.
to many track favorites with different rules for them.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > meeting