IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Winter Weather
12/13/10, 7:37 AM   #31
Re: Winter Weather
illiNOISE

I sure hope it warms up before next Saturday, or it's going to be mighty chilly inside the Southern Illinois Center when they open up that back door to push the cars in.

12/13/10, 11:26 AM   #32
terrehautian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedwrench View Post
Had to be amused. When the local stations announced that the Vikings game was going to be here in the D they said that tickets from Minn. would be honored, ticket stubs from today's Lions game would get you in, and that if you want to go to the Ford Field ticket office tomorrow morning, they will GIVE you a ticket for the game.
Great feats in engineering....put a soft shelled roof in a heavy snow belt....I wonder how this didn't happen before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxuxNLf87_Y

12/13/10, 11:59 AM   #33
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerfan View Post
Susan, who are the Vikings?
It is some football team who plays in Detroit!:2: I think it is because they have a doomed stadium in Minnesota. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

12/13/10, 12:23 PM   #34
IndyBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalmeister View Post
Thanks Patti and Susan and Tim!

I wasn't exaggerating about the amount of snow we received yesterday. Check out the attached video of the Metrodome roof collapsing. I guess no Vikings home game this week!
David.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5NXx...eature=channel
Your welcome, David! I always fear this could happend to the Carrier Dome in Syracuse, thanks for sharing the video. I guess we will be rooting against each other during that game being played in Detroit tonight. Best of Luck to both teams, hope it is a good game!

Patti

12/13/10, 1:45 PM   #35
Tim Watson

Well i'm finally getting around to post the results from Saturday's snow storm. This total might be a little on the light side cause my snow gauge (patio table which i'm to lazy to put away) was close to the house but i have 14" on the table. Power was out and trees down near us but we didn't have any of that. Had the torpedo heater on in the garage at a comfortable 50 degrees for several hours of prep before firing up the blower. Needless to say the blower wasn't fired up until 2am and i didn't do a very good job. The phrase "you missed a spot" is a HUGE understatement.

12/13/10, 9:13 PM   #36
sprntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrehautian View Post
Great feats in engineering....put a soft shelled roof in a heavy snow belt....I wonder how this didn't happen before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxuxNLf87_Y
This is the third or fourth time it's collapsed. Last time was back in the 80's.

12/13/10, 9:23 PM   #37
Ovalmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBound View Post
Your welcome, David! I guess we will be rooting against each other during that game being played in Detroit tonight.

Patti
Sorry Patti, not a Vikes fan. GO COLTS!!!!!!
David.

1 member likes this post: racegal
12/14/10, 11:26 AM   #38
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Tom, The Vikings are only my husband's mood decider! If they win: Happy Husband!:2: If they lose: Unhappy Husband! Guess who I root for! (Unless by some weird chance they are playing the COLTS)!!!!
Sprntr, Living right there what do you think will happen? Will they patch it up? Build a new one or (Heaven forbid) will they move?
Go COLTS!!!

12/15/10, 10:19 AM   #39
sprntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelKT View Post
From a Bears' fan, I'm glad the game is outside (even though last week didn't go so well). ALL football should be played outside. If the Bears, Packers, Browns, Bills, and Pats play outside, all teams should. That's the main reason I'm not a Colts fan. Fans are too fair weather to watch a game outside.
Being a "Traditionalist" I think Football should be played outdoors, too. But it really doesn't matter to me if they do it in Mpls or LA. It not like it's something important, like Sprint Cars or Midgets.

12/15/10, 12:59 PM   #40
Speedwrench

" It's not like it's something important like sprint cars " - I can tell yall aint never lived down south ! LOL

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Winter Weather