IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > LS Sprint Car Engine Presentation Video/Specs
8/16/10, 9:04 PM   #11
Re: LS Sprint Car Engine Presentation Video/S
Hawker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmojo5 View Post
The thought behind this is very similar to that of Knoxville Raceway used when deciding to allow old 410 power plants to be be retooled to 440s. They would not produce the horsepower of a professionally built 410, but would allow someone a platform to get into the division. Legal for the Knoxville 410 weekly division, none were built for this year.
This was talked about during the Q&A portion. I wish that my battery hadn't run down for that portion. John McCoy (Knoxville competition director) mentioned that the 440 rule needs tweaking and Ron Shaver said that though the 440 deal was a good idea, the guys who would attempt to run these engines would have 10 to 12 year old parts that have been thrashed and would still need to be re-freshed every 8 to 10 nights at a price of $5k to $6k (or more).

Shaver says that the LS engine can be re-freshed for $2500 to $3000, parts and labor included.

8/17/10, 2:16 AM   #12
buckshot3448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker View Post
This was talked about during the Q&A portion. I wish that my battery hadn't run down for that portion. John McCoy (Knoxville competition director) mentioned that the 440 rule needs tweaking and Ron Shaver said that though the 440 deal was a good idea, the guys who would attempt to run these engines would have 10 to 12 year old parts that have been thrashed and would still need to be re-freshed every 8 to 10 nights at a price of $5k to $6k (or more).

Shaver says that the LS engine can be re-freshed for $2500 to $3000, parts and labor included.
thats a price i could live with. i think if enough people get behind this or should i say the RIGHT people and it wins a big race or two that it will take of really well. whats the odds of them doing this with the 360's i know they already have a pretty base platform but those motors are starting to get carried away now to.

8/17/10, 7:03 PM   #13
MarkHarden

CJ Rayburn is already using these motors in late models, and they are competitive with the normal engines. He has also been talking about putting one in a sprintcar... This was over a month ago. We might see one at LPS before the year is over, we'll just have to wait and see...

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > LS Sprint Car Engine Presentation Video/Specs