IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
ktsr (Offline)
  #81 5/26/10 10:14 PM
This is truly one of the saddest days for our racing community and a loss that will touch thousands of people that called Jesse a friend. I remember about 3 years ago when we got into this sport and we knew nothing about a sprint car, Jesse and Casey Shuman literally built Kevin Jr.'s sprint car from the ground up. The amazing part of this story is that he had never even met us. The motor in out car, he lined that up too. This is who he was, one of the nicest, selfless, people that we have come across in this sport. He loved sprint car racing and it showed in his life and in everything he did. He slept in his shop to save a dollar to race. He's done truly amazing things in a sprint car, like driving from the back to i think 2nd with a 360 motor at Eldora in a USAC race, but what he did for others is what I will always remember the most. He was a GREAT YOUNG MAN.

May GOD bless your family during this time and bring them comfort in the days to come.

Kevin Thomas Sr., Kevin Jr and family
  #82 5/26/10 10:15 PM
God's speed Jesse Hockett.

Our prayers are with Jesse's family and friends.

The racing world has lost a remarkably talented and versatile driver as well as a heck of a nice guy. He will be greatly missed and fondly remembered.
SpfldMile (Offline)
  #83 5/26/10 10:15 PM
What an incredible loss, for everyone. I wish the best for his family.

For those about to rock, we salute you.
bni69 (Offline)
  #84 5/26/10 10:17 PM
On behalf of everyone at Gas City I-69 Speedway, our thoughts and prayers are with Jesse's family and friends.
racerdog45
  #85 5/26/10 10:20 PM
too sad for words to explain, he was a great guy and a REAL racer, RIP
Brady Martin
  #86 5/26/10 10:21 PM
Jesse will be Missed. He was a throw back and a true GASSER!! Prayers to His friends and Family!!
DonMoore10 (Offline)
  #87 5/26/10 10:30 PM
A very sad day for the racing community. This is a reminder to be thankful for every day that we are alive on this earth. R.I.P. Jesse.

Don Moore
Moore Racing Enterprises LLC
LaGrange, OH
Wallsracing (Offline)
  #88 5/26/10 10:35 PM
Rip jesse the rocket hockett
sprinthead (Offline)
  #89 5/26/10 10:38 PM
The first time I ever saw Jesse Hockett was in 2004 at the Ron Shuman Classic at Lakeside Speedway and I was an instant fan of his. I believe he started in the front row and had a horrible start and went back to 7th or 8th. Then around the last 12-15 laps, he started picking them off and won the race for the second time in a row. I just kept thinking to myself, how did he do that? An absolute barn burner! And every time I saw him from there on out, he was one of the guys you just had to keep your eyes on. Jesse had his elbows up sawing on that wheel from start to finish and he just never gave up.

When my father called me tonight and told me what happen, I just couldn't believe it and was in shock. It still hasn't really sunk in yet.

Our sport lost one of the greatest in my book.
RIP Jesse
DiamondDog (Offline)
  #90 5/26/10 10:39 PM
Absolute total SHOCK, thats the only way to describe this when I read it earlier....Truly one of the best all around open wheel racers anywhere....Jesse WILL BE TRULY MISSED, thoughts and prayers go out to the Hockett family, God Bless.
Closed Thread