IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Night Before the 500
4/2/20, 3:08 PM   #11
Re: Night Before the 500
axman897

I'm not sure if someone posted it on IOW or not, but I think racing will have to wait until our hospitals are getting whatever back to normal is, especially with the higher-level series. If they ease restrictions just a little bit, get the Outlaws or USAC to run a smaller show and put it on TV. They will get a fantastic audience and I don't even care if fans are in the stands. I think we all just need real racing!

4/2/20, 3:37 PM   #12
Re: Night Before the 500
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
Sprint Purse is definitely decent, but the Midget purse is only $1000 to Win & $50 to start.

I sure hope that Midget Purse is an April fool's joke! Nobody with a nice Midget will get it out for that purse at IRP!
The historians will have to help me, but I went and watched the USAC midgets the night before at IRP during the 100 anniversary of the 500. I was very excited to see the midgets run there after seeing the track on Thursday Night Thunder for years. Someone has passed away and had put in his will that part of his estate go to the purse for the midgets in that race. I forget the numbers, but the numbers added were significant. (10k or 20K added) However, the car counts was very poor.

I am hoping that this year that they have better car counts, but adding to money to a pavement track does not always provide the same results as adding money at a dirt track.
Last edited by Jonr; 4/2/20 at 3:39 PM. Reason: grammar

4/15/20, 4:51 PM   #13
hoosierhillbilly

Midget purse bumped up https://speedsport.com/sprints-midge...-midget-purse/

4 members like this post: jdull99, Lewis1585, luckybuc97, treecitytornado
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Night Before the 500