IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Silly Season
12/15/12, 6:23 PM   #1
Silly Season
Tall Jackson

Take this with a grain of salt, but heard from a financial backer of Walker racing that Darland out and Grant in. Also that Levi Jones maybe leaving TSR. Hard feeling for a long time there after Stewart helped get Hines a truck ride and Jones gets hung out to dry. Dont beat me up just what I am hearing. Thought some of you might have some more insight on this.

1 member likes this post: speed bump
12/16/12, 1:59 AM   #2
treecitytornado

Jones has been known to be done for several months. He is helping his Dad with their chain of Rural King stores, although he did compete at DuQuoin tonight.I also heard the rumor about Walker's car, but time will tell on that situation.

Posted via Mobile Device

12/16/12, 2:48 AM   #3
JazzTrombonist

Race Count Last Year: 44

Why is it that Darland continually gets kicked in the teeth instead of being rewarded for an outstanding season?

Posted via Mobile Device

12/16/12, 2:53 AM   #4
reeserx

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzTrombonist View Post
Why is it that Darland continually gets kicked in the teeth instead of being rewarded for an outstanding season?

Posted via Mobile Device
Ya know, I was thinking the same thing, he had a fantastic season and yet he's rideless yet again. What more does he have to do honestly?

Posted via Mobile Device

12/16/12, 7:40 AM   #5
Re: Silly Season
nieftsr
Banned

He must be and ass, hard to work with? you may think he's a great guy when you talk to him, but when he work's for ya may be another thing. or maybe he was only hired to win the USAC Championship? he didn't and was let go? or maybe he wanted more money?

12/16/12, 7:50 AM   #6
gtownplowboy

or maybe the car owner wanted sponsorship money or seat money.. not always the driver.jmo

12/16/12, 10:51 AM   #7
Jerry Spencer

[QUOTE=nieftsr;312522]He must be and ass, hard to work with? you may think he's a great guy when you talk to him, but when he work's for ya may be another thing. or maybe he was only hired to win the USAC Championship? he didn't and was let go? or maybe he wanted more money?[/QUOTe

He is not an ass, very easy to work with, Dave is what Dave is in front or behind the camera, sure they wanted to win the championship but I have my own opinion on that, and I am pretty sure more money was not involved here. Ask around Dave is in no way plastic.

Just my thoughts.

Jerry #66j
stida.com

12/16/12, 12:14 PM   #8
cowboyhar69

Quote:
Originally Posted by nieftsr View Post
He must be and ass, hard to work with? you may think he's a great guy when you talk to him, but when he work's for ya may be another thing. or maybe he was only hired to win the USAC Championship? he didn't and was let go? or maybe he wanted more money?
Wrong...I spent 1996 thru 2000 as a crewman with HAR when Dave was the driver and Dave was the easiest guy in the world to work with...and he never left the track without saying this to me after every race..."Thanks, Cowboy for all of your hard work"

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

12/16/12, 12:26 PM   #9
LRP36

There is a reason Dave is the People's Champ! By far one of the easier drivers that I have ever worked with. Like Cowboy said, at the end of every night Dave always thanked me for all my hard work!

Posted via Mobile Device

12/16/12, 2:19 PM   #10
mrmoose

no doubt dave is what you see is what you got,period no muss no fuss.
******** and money in this sport over rule popularity and sometimes results,no matter where dave lands that team has a first class person in the seat.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Silly Season