IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Leary dq’d from gas city win; suspended by usac
10/17/20, 10:20 PM   #21
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighd0522 View Post
What was the previous black mark, must have missed that one
One previous black mark was, Leary always accusing several of the MSCS top runners of tire prepping even tho officials were checking drivers with no violations. Flat out lies by the Leary camp with no apologies ever. No respect for the team period.

5 members like this post: bighd0522, Chief Wahoo, dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge, racegurl68
10/17/20, 10:47 PM   #22
race0

It would be nice to check the winner and two random finishers every night. Treating tires was pretty common in high level late model racing until sanctioning bodies started checking tires. Wouldn't hurt to check the Silver crown tires either, maybe pump an engine or two... Good tech keeps the playing field level and in my opinion promotes good racing. I also think the sanctioning bodies should use the fine money to help fund future tech inspections.

3 members like this post: flagboy55, jonboat15, The Old Coyote
10/17/20, 11:28 PM   #23
flagboy55

I don’t know the frequency of the testing but I had thought about pumping engines because I hadn’t seen it in a while. At the inaugural Corn Belt Nationals I walked up on Levi and crew doing just that on Bacons car. It does happen

10/18/20, 12:28 AM   #24
Re: Usac: Leary dq’d from gas city win; suspended by usac
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by race0 View Post
It would be nice to check the winner and two random finishers every night. Treating tires was pretty common in high level late model racing until sanctioning bodies started checking tires. Wouldn't hurt to check the Silver crown tires either, maybe pump an engine or two... Good tech keeps the playing field level and in my opinion promotes good racing. I also think the sanctioning bodies should use the fine money to help fund future tech inspections.
All USAC winners in sprints midgets and SC have their tires checked and they also check I"ve been told from 3 to 7 other finishers.

3 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, fish, Stephen Cording
10/18/20, 8:22 PM   #25
yeleyfan76

Wouldn’t it be simple enough for Usac to impose its death penalty for something like this? Doping tires should fall under actions detrimental to the sport shouldn’t it?? Engine size is simple. You are too big that’s actions detrimental to the sport. Usac decided to strip Ballou of points and money and suspended him for the year due to actions detrimental to the sport. While tweeting is not an on track offense the group in speedway along with their favorite son didn’t like it and put an end to it. You want to stop this crap then invoke the actions detrimental to the sport penalty for flat out cheating. Doesn’t take a lot of discussion to understand this does it?? Doping tires isn’t pushing the envelope it’s cheating. Fines and point reductions can be used for other things.
Someone wrote about this being weird that he is popped during a shortened season. Cheating knows no bounds so rules need to be enforced the same way every time all of the time. Tires, engine size, weight, and of course tweeting should all fall under actions detrimental to the sport and get the penalty that Ballou got. This would end the problem once and for all. The question is whether Usac has the stones to do it no matter who it is.

6 members like this post: bighd0522, fourteen fan, spicoli, Steve Wendel, streetglider, TQ29m
10/19/20, 5:49 PM   #26
copper14

is that regular simple green?cg

10/19/20, 8:23 PM   #27
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 1
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper14 View Post
is that regular simple green?cg
Yes

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Simple-G...3225/300016547

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Leary dq’d from gas city win; suspended by usac