IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #21 3/14/11 7:59 AM
Thanks, and take these guys up on the beer offer, they have good beer.

IMG_8387 copy by uncloose1, on Flickr

Here's one from the 4 crown for you.
Flags anything (Offline)
  #22 3/16/11 10:52 AM
Instead of the 49/51 procedure (red flag half way) what would be out of line with the format used during the early running of the Hulman Hundreds.

We time trialed, split the field in half and ran 2 20 lap quailyfiers taking the 12 or 15 (I belive) finishers from each. Then those cars ran a 60 lap A Main/ Feature. Fuel and tire issues are reduced and the FANS GET 100 LAP OF GREEN FLAG RACING. The rule book still has the "if the distance is less than 60 laps yellows do not count" (I think it's in either the general race procedures or in each spefic divisions procedure section after car spec sections).

Current day Silver Crown race format "red flag at half way" SUCKS at best, however the OLD CHAMP CAR days (30-60 show up and 18 only start) isn't real good now days either.

Hopefuly this would a better compromise of the situation that what's been tossed out to fans recently.

Definatly the above format would need to be tweaked for a 1/2 mile show.

Bill Shipman
ThrottleHead (Offline)
  #23 3/16/11 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by ISF:
You're right Indy1808, the stands would be overflowing if the Indy Car guys ran the Miles. And you're also correct when you say it won't happen, but we all know it should. Could you imagine Penske and Ganassi, et al, with Silver Crown cars at the Indy Mile or Du Quoin with Helio and Dario strapped in them!!
I would pay good money to watch these guys scare the crap out of themselves!

I hope someone can verify this or correct me on this story. I remember hearing of AJ taking a sprint car (to Putnamville I believe) with Billy Boat and Kenny Brack. BB was out there tearing it up.... ole AJ told Kenny he better pay attention cause he was next. Word was Kenny went completely pale.

Make these Europeans run dirt a few times! I applaud Tony Kanaan for running the Prelude. I heard he had a blast driving a lm. Put him in a Crown car.... I bet he would do well! There are only a couple Indy car drivers I would truly classify as true RACERS.....
sp6967 (Offline)
  #24 3/16/11 3:58 PM
the red flag at 50 laps is the hoosier tire red.