IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bc39!!
9/5/18, 10:57 PM   #1
Bc39!!
throb

IMS and USAC knocked it out of the park! Great event tonight, can only imagine it will be even better tomorrow!

9 members like this post: Amzie, BrentTFunk, davidm, dirt330, HARFprez, Jbaldwin, Kingz, ROSS, TNRustler
9/5/18, 11:23 PM   #2
Re: Bc39!!
dirt330

Going on Thur. to IMS. Watched on speedshift Weds. track looked really well prepared. Great racing all over the track high ,low, or in the middle. Plenty of passing. 4 wide all night. Can't wait to see in person.

2 members like this post: throb, TNRustler
9/5/18, 11:32 PM   #3
throb

If they fix the slick spot in the middle of 1-2 it’s going to be bedlam type racing! The heats were great with wonderful back and forth racing!

9/5/18, 11:46 PM   #4
racefan20

It took them awhile to get up to the top of the track but when they did it got pretty good. There were alot of yellows but frankly some of those guys were out of their league. Track was great. Good job Reese.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

2 members like this post: Joe T, Pat O'Connor Fan
9/6/18, 1:06 PM   #5

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

Ditto all the above comments. You all need to get there tonight.

9/6/18, 2:20 PM   #6
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

I listened to the race on the USAC app and I heard the announcer ask the crowd to sit down because people couldn’t see the track. Was he referring to the spectators in the infield grandstand or in the third turn?
It sounded like the racing was great. How was the overall fan experience; parking, concessions etc.?

9/6/18, 2:26 PM   #7

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

[QUOTE=ronmil;501605]I listened to the race on the USAC app and I heard the announcer ask the crowd to sit down because people couldn’t see the track. Was he referring to the spectators in the infield grandstand or in the third turn?
It sounded like the racing was great. How was the overall fan experience; parking, concessions etc.?[/QUOTE

The main(Shaw)grandstand had some folks standing the first few laps of the pursuit race. and few other instances All good after the announcement. The grandstand is really nice and pitched well. But there is always a few that disrespect those behind them. parking no problem shuttles if you want. concessions good little pricey maybe overall very well done.
Last edited by Points; 9/6/18 at 2:29 PM.

1 member likes this post: ronmil
9/6/18, 3:19 PM   #8
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
I listened to the race on the USAC app and I heard the announcer ask the crowd to sit down because people couldn’t see the track. Was he referring to the spectators in the infield grandstand or in the third turn?
It sounded like the racing was great. How was the overall fan experience; parking, concessions etc.?
The 3rd turn stands weren't open last night but I thought I saw a couple of people over there, maybe track employees, not sure.
I don't think the view from there will be as bad as some want to think; it is a long way but probably not as far as, say the top row of the Colosseum was from right field the first year the Dodgers were in L.A.. How's that for an obscure reference? I was there and I don't remember anybody complaining. And at IMS they'll have an awesome Jumbotron that you can't see from the Shaw stands. In 1957 if you said the word "Jumbotron" people thought you were talking about a ride at Disneyland...
Once you were there you understood why the non-VIP parking was in the North 40; the pits actually wrapped around over to turns 3-4, so the physical space left over wasn't big enough to accommodate very many cars at all and there were cars parked there, assuming staff, concessionaires, etc (maybe pit parking too). The missus dropped me off at 25th street and I got picked up by a couple of Yellowshirts before I got very far at all, and was deposited right inside the concession area; I saw people being ferried in carts all night long, as well as the shuttles. As is the norm for a Speedway event, very well organized; hope the weather holds off for tonight.
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
Last edited by jjones752; 9/6/18 at 4:02 PM.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, i love dirt track racing, ronmil
9/6/18, 3:35 PM   #9
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Pouring right now...

Update @ 5:00.

5:55 Rain...

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
Last edited by Dirtfan; 9/6/18 at 5:54 PM.

1 member likes this post: wildman92
9/6/18, 4:29 PM   #10
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
Pouring right now....
Not looking good at all for Sunday! Supposed to rain through the weekend. We had rain for the Brickyard 400 last year and they ran until dark. They won't have as much daylight this year, so getting started is critical. This is the only taxicab race I attend each year. I keep saying each year is my last, but I keep coming back. I guess it is because it is run on the Greatest Race Course in the World, which makes it hard to resist.
Hope they get the show in tonight. I will be listening on the USAC app!

4 members like this post: bighd0522, dirt330, mc/rider, PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bc39!!