IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #21 11/13/17 4:13 PM
Back on TOPIC here..............

Congrats to 2017 USAC National Sprint Car Champion Chris Windom and the Baldwin Brothers Racing Team and to Justin Grant and Sam McGhee Motorsports.

Nice season ending runs by Chase Stockon and Kevin Thomas Jr. on the Big $ win.
9 Likes: BrentTFunk, fish, interpreter66, Kydehart, mc/rider, oppweld, Pat O'Connor Fan, ROSS, tirespinner
Chris Nunn (Offline)
  #22 11/13/17 9:07 PM
I wish KTJ would have been able to run Florida. That points battle would have been even more epic than it was

Chris Nunn
812-360-6711
nunnc812@gmail.com
11 Likes: addictedtodirt, bighd0522, BrentTFunk, Dirtfan, dshort36, Eatin Dirt, i love dirt track racing, Kydehart, mc/rider, oppweld, tirespinner
RACrappieman (Offline)
  #23 11/13/17 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn:
I wish KTJ would have been able to run Florida. That points battle would have been even more epic than it was
No disrespect to anyone, but if KT jr. had run the entire season, it would have been no contest considering the year he had after leaving the BWW car. Congrats to Windom just the same.
Pat O'Connor Fan (Offline)
  #24 11/14/17 8:04 AM
IF a frog had wings, it would not bump its backside when it lands ...............
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, fish, mc/rider, mike mcghee, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #25 11/14/17 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by Pat O'Connor Fan:
IF a frog had wings, it would not bump its backside when it lands ...............

It is what it is, KT had a shot to go winged racing, Actually won and for whatever reason was let go. I don't get it honestly but The starting points alone for FL 3 races would have got the championship, He had a great year with several teams. It should be recognized, while taking nothing from Windom.

Reminds me of the season BC had a few years back taking off about five races from USAC to run Indy and still winning the championship. (Now that was a great season)

Congrats to Chris Windom, You deserve it. You've been the strongest the last year and a half and if Bacon hadn't jumped out to a way early lead last year, You almost got that one.

Now with A Champ and Sprint Car Championship, Will he go for the triple crown? Midgets?

Charles Nungester
9 Likes: BrentTFunk, duel, i love dirt track racing, Kydehart, luckybuc97, mc/rider, oppweld, RACrappieman, Simon_says17
duel (Offline)
  #26 11/14/17 3:47 PM
It was a great usac season again. I don't know how you can have the championship come down to the last race and the last lap without resetting the points for the top 10 or 15 with a few races to go.
11 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, fish, i love dirt track racing, Jbaldwin, Kydehart, mc/rider, Pat O'Connor Fan, PIT CART, tamati, tirespinner
i love dirt track racing (Offline)
  #27 11/14/17 5:20 PM
Congratulations to Windom and the # 5 racing team. Great racing events all year long by all the great racing teams and racing family's. Thanks for all the great things that you guys do for the sport that we all love. Thanks.
8 Likes: BrentTFunk, interpreter66, Jbaldwin, Kydehart, mc/rider, oppweld, Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner
berks co (Offline)
  #28 11/15/17 12:32 AM
Much rather see Windom race a truck than a midget

Daniel Cohen
tamati (Offline)
  #29 11/16/17 11:48 PM
I wouldn't care what it payed. You are now in special class right along with foyt,unser,rutheford,vogler congrats champ.
9 Likes: BrentTFunk, interpreter66, Jbaldwin, luckybuc97, mc/rider, oppweld, Pat O'Connor Fan, ROSS, tirespinner
david mitchell (Offline)
  #30 11/17/17 5:49 PM
I could not see it,it was too far away.It was taken thosands of miles away.