IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Mel Botkin (Offline)
  #1 6/9/14 5:37 PM
This Wednesday, June 11, Indiana Midget Week kicks off at Gas City I-69 Speedway. Racing includes USAC National Midgets, Non-Wing Sprints and UMP Modifieds. Wednesday night is a points race for the Sprints and Mods. Pit gate opens at 3:30, grandstand at 5:00. Hot laps start at 6:30 and racing at 7:30. General admission for this special race night is $20; kids 7-12 is $5; kids 6 & under are free. Pit admission is $30 for all ages.

An excellent roster of drivers will be on hand for this event.
10 Likes: addictedtodirt, BrentTFunk, Danny Burton, gas city gal, Midget 89, Pat O'Connor Fan, PIT CART, racegal, racenut69, racing2bwithu2
Austin Scott (Offline)
  #2 6/9/14 6:55 PM
Anyone in the Gas City area getting a favorable forecast for Wednesday? Lol. I'm seeing 60% chance of rain on the weather app on my phone.
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #3 6/9/14 8:05 PM
Forecast for this area is 55-65% chance of rain both tomorrow and Wednesday. They can still be wrong but the odds aren't great that they are going to miss it that bad. Doesn't look good for racing to say the least.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
PIT CART (Offline)
  #4 6/9/14 9:15 PM
Last year we watched a great race with storm clouds all around.
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, oldfan49, racegal, Stephen Cording
addictedtodirt (Offline)
  #5 6/9/14 10:50 PM
Hoping for the best. Gas City always puts on a good show.
5 Likes: billm233, Charles Nungester, mc/rider, sc17x, Stephen Cording
PAW (Offline)
  #6 6/10/14 7:35 AM
Don't see this one happing,going to rain next 2 days.

:99:: Wings Don't Move Air THEY SUCK
AERO410SCJA (Offline)
  #7 6/10/14 8:25 AM
Weather looks better then It did yesterday,heading there now
2 Likes: fish, Onlydirt
Indy1808 (Offline)
  #8 6/10/14 8:17 PM
Any Updates? I'm about ready to call off?

Peace & love to all.
God bless our Troops at home and abroad.
INDY1808 SEE YOU AT THE RACES !
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #9 6/10/14 8:23 PM
Originally Posted by Indy1808:
Any Updates? I'm about ready to call off?
A little early for that I would say. I am 30 miles south of Gas City and it is currently raining here now for the second time today, but we haven't had much in the rain gauge at all. IF Gas City has had about the same amount of rain as we have had here, it certainly wouldn't stop the show.

Now with that being said. Overnight tonight into tomorrow will tell the tale. They are still calling for a 55% chance of rain overnight and into tomorrow. How much rain that brings is anyone's guess. I wouldn't call it off just yet. See what tomorrow brings.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
3 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, racegal, Stephen Cording
cwfan08 (Offline)
  #10 6/10/14 8:40 PM
They are calling for morning rain and then late day rain..it was supposed to rain all day today and it rained this morning and dried up..it just started raining again around 6:30 or so..who knows what tomorrow holds..

Tyler