IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Extreme Tires
4/30/22, 1:36 AM   #1
Extreme Tires
flagboy55

So tonight at Bloomington it looked like all the detractors were back in action under the USAC banner with maybe the exception of one that I can think of. It seemed to me, from what I saw, after the USAC presentation the noise against their procedure on the matter died down immensely. You don’t have to look far to find tire manufacturing has its troubles right now, from help to raw materials. In my view these problems could lead to an inconsistent product. Maybe we should question the results of the Extreme series tests?

4/30/22, 7:22 AM   #2
Re: Extreme Tires
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
So tonight at Bloomington it looked like all the detractors were back in action under the USAC banner with maybe the exception of one that I can think of. It seemed to me, from what I saw, after the USAC presentation the noise against their procedure on the matter died down immensely. You don’t have to look far to find tire manufacturing has its troubles right now, from help to raw materials. In my view these problems could lead to an inconsistent product. Maybe we should question the results of the Extreme series tests?
I did from the beginning Like if you got caught cheating at Xtreme, The first race after you're going to cheat again, Knowing for a fact your under the gun? Knowing the top three get tested most times. After all is said and done three teams are screwed running for one series championship. the other was made to look like it was showing favoritism and looked bad and certain people were made to look like fools, and the other is out a lot of $$$ proving their suspicion

Now Rumley-Larson might not race bristol sat over events of last night
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 4/30/22 at 8:21 AM.

4/30/22, 10:06 AM   #3
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Come on Flagboy. Really? Did you look at the schedules? There is no place else to run until June. If you have a non wing 410 sprint car this season your options for any decent money are slim. Everyone knew going in that this season is a trial schedule for Extreme. Fourteen races over 9 months time. Also if I remember correct the announcement stated there were to be very few conflicts if any. ( I believe there is one in late June). Had the schedules been in competition against each other through the time of Florida and now, this discussion might have a different tune to it.

I’d be careful thinking that people have simmered down and forgotten about the theatrics performed to save a few top teams. You can’t make money sitting in the garage. Usac has been the only game in town for a really long time.( this is why I understand peoples undying devotion to it) Now there may be a challenge to the same old same old. As stated in earlier posts time will tell how this plays out. The first time a situation arose this year, one series used their normal procedure and nothing was questioned. The other series used their normal procedure and for the first time their normal procedure changed because they were being watched. A Hollywood production ensues and accelerated finger pointing begins. It might be a good idea to let the season play out and see where we are this time next year. This debate can and will probably have more theatrics before seasons end. It appears to me that the drama of February/March is just the tip of the iceberg. Hopefully Haubstadt gets a full show in tonight. They are using Usac qualifying rules as opposed to MSCS hot lap/TT so who knows. Also best wishes to the crew at Terre Haute on Sunday. Hopefully the Indiana fan base gets off their duff and supports the people who have put a lot of money into the facility. Good luck to all teams.

4/30/22, 4:39 PM   #4
Sprinter56

All makes me wonder where the baseline results from the last 20 years are to compare?

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
5/1/22, 10:33 AM   #5
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
come on flagboy. Really? Did you look at the schedules? There is no place else to run until june. If you have a non wing 410 sprint car this season your options for any decent money are slim. Everyone knew going in that this season is a trial schedule for extreme. Fourteen races over 9 months time. Also if i remember correct the announcement stated there were to be very few conflicts if any. ( i believe there is one in late june). Had the schedules been in competition against each other through the time of florida and now, this discussion might have a different tune to it.

I’d be careful thinking that people have simmered down and forgotten about the theatrics performed to save a few top teams. You can’t make money sitting in the garage. Usac has been the only game in town for a really long time.( this is why i understand peoples undying devotion to it) now there may be a challenge to the same old same old. As stated in earlier posts time will tell how this plays out. The first time a situation arose this year, one series used their normal procedure and nothing was questioned. The other series used their normal procedure and for the first time their normal procedure changed because they were being watched. A hollywood production ensues and accelerated finger pointing begins. It might be a good idea to let the season play out and see where we are this time next year. This debate can and will probably have more theatrics before seasons end. It appears to me that the drama of february/march is just the tip of the iceberg. Hopefully haubstadt gets a full show in tonight. They are using usac qualifying rules as opposed to mscs hot lap/tt so who knows. Also best wishes to the crew at terre haute on sunday. Hopefully the indiana fan base gets off their duff and supports the people who have put a lot of money into the facility. Good luck to all teams.
dq

1 member likes this post: opnwhlmnd
5/1/22, 3:23 PM   #6
flagboy55

My point is simply this. Maybe the tire quality is inconsistent. I’ve seen a lot more pictures of tires coming apart than I’ve seen in a long time. I know nothing about what it takes to make a tire but if you watched or listened to the Winged Nation podcast with the Hoosier rep, any reasonable person could realize the possibility of quality issues. American Racer stopped making tires for a bit because of the inability to get nylon, which by the way is a petroleum product. You only have to drive down to the corner gas station to see that issues with petroleum are rampant and widespread. I have no firsthand knowledge but I would be surprised if this didn’t affect Hoosier as well in some capacity. One thing I do know is that the Hoosier man stated on the show is that help is a problem, and if memory serves me correctly, he said it could take up to 6 months to train someone to learn how to properly build tires. All of these factors give me reason to think USAC took the proper approach. And 76, as you well know my friend, I wave the USAC banner high and proud, but I’m not saying they’re without fault. I think they’re digging a hole on another front, but that’s a topic for another thread

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Extreme Tires