IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > DuQuoin Track Safety Inspection?
9/1/08, 7:24 PM   #1
DuQuoin Track Safety Inspection?
DonMoore10

I'm wondering how the temporary concrete highway barrier that was placed on the main straightaway by victory lane (with the blunt end sticking out facing the oncoming race cars) passed the safety inspection?????? :confused:

9/1/08, 10:16 PM   #2
Re: DuQuoin Track Safety Inspection?
FlagMan
Inactive Member

It has been like that for a couple of years

9/1/08, 10:32 PM   #3
mortboyz

Was Tony Barhorst there?

9/1/08, 10:37 PM   #4
Midget82

I was wondering about something also... does the "Safety Squad" still exist? Been to the last three dirt SC races and haven't seen them touch the track.

-Terre Haute; apparently one sat out in the old pit area outside turns 3 & 4, along side the USAC copy machine hauler (:O.

-Springfield; two of the trucks were sitting in the infield with no safety crew.

-Duquoin; didn't see any of the four trucks stationed anywhere at all.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when the "Safety Squad" was started, it was announced that they would be at "All National Events". Last time I checked, the Silver Crown series was a "National Event"...

It's a great idea to have and to use the "Safety Squad". But in the event that the "Safety Squad" is needed, will they even be there? :censor:

9/1/08, 10:45 PM   #5
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

JMO But several of the tracks in IND have very adaquate if not exceptional crews.

That being said, Covering a Mile, I don't think you could have too many.
Chuck

9/1/08, 10:46 PM   #6
sprntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midget82 View Post
I was wondering about something also... does the "Safety Squad" still exist? Been to the last three dirt SC races and haven't seen them touch the track.

-Terre Haute; apparently one sat out in the old pit area outside turns 3 & 4, along side the USAC copy machine hauler (:O.

-Springfield; two of the trucks were sitting in the infield with no safety crew.

-Duquoin; didn't see any of the four trucks stationed anywhere at all.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when the "Safety Squad" was started, it was announced that they would be at "All National Events". Last time I checked, the Silver Crown series was a "National Event"...

It's a great idea to have and to use the "Safety Squad". But in the event that the "Safety Squad" is needed, will they even be there? :censor:
There were two Safety Squad trucks at Du Quoin. I never saw either of them move, but I wasn't really paying any attention to them either.

9/1/08, 10:50 PM   #7
Midget82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
JMO But several of the tracks in IND have very adaquate if not exceptional crews.

That being said, Covering a Mile, I don't think you could have too many.
Chuck
I'll agree with that, Chuck, but at the same time, I don't see why they can't work in conjunction... IMO that would be smart, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprntr View Post
There were two Safety Squad trucks at Du Quoin. I never saw either of them move, but I wasn't really paying any attention to them either.
I stand corrected on DuQuoin then. Where were they?

9/2/08, 12:40 AM   #8
DonMoore10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlagMan View Post
It has been like that for a couple of years
Well, so much for Mr. Miller's statement. :confused: I saw quite a few SC cars whiz by just inches from that barrier. There also was a big wooden sign near there that would have been a major problem if a car got over the permanent wall. And an SUV parked a few feet from that same wall. I don't get it. These same issues were the reason that Mr. Miller's entourage pulled out of Union County.

9/2/08, 12:53 AM   #9
DonMoore10

Those two USAC "safety" trucks were parked along side that 18 wheeler so that if the copy machine broke down, the girl operating it could make an emergency run to the local Office Max for help.

9/2/08, 1:12 PM   #10
Mike McCormick

Thank god, Don Moore is back to save us from the great satan, USAC.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > DuQuoin Track Safety Inspection?