IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg Thoughts , Rumors and way to much time on the road.
10/7/07, 4:25 PM   #1
Lawrenceburg Thoughts , Rumors and way to much time on the road.
Tim Clauson

Personally I loved the track last night, raining mud at the end of the featch was awesome. The last 3 laps between Ballou and Swindell was worth the trip.

Still not a fan of the blind draw.

Sammy Imel was an absolute stud last night!

Last night proved once again why one way radio's would make for a better show.

There were a lot of unnecessary cautions.

I missed Kimb Stewart.

Cool seeing a Big $$ show attended by the best of the best in the midwest.

Its really easy, If you don't line up the first time you are told were to go black flag em.

Don't be pissed at the scorers when your car number 12 with a little c is confused with a car number 12 with a little g on the line-up.

Was it by design that the only accomplishments announced for the drivers were those that were attained with MSCS?

jj ones is really a pretty cool guy who just can't spell.

While some thought K stud was unlucky when he crashed out early last night, I saw who he got to sit next to the remainder of the evening and some may say he is the luckiest guy in the place.

A thanks to Fox Bros and Truckers /
As good as Stanbrough and Clayton are few could of argued if they loaded up after heat race mishaps relegated them to the first of 2 C main's. Seeing them roll out knowing that the prospect of getting to the "A" was slim at best and the risk to equipment on such a cowboy up track would surely cost them $$ not make them $$ I thought to myself that this was the ultimate show of respect to the sport and the fans knowing that some if not most came out and paid to see them put on a show.

Speaking of Stanbrough / Clayton .... Do I sense a rivalry forming ?

Great run for Dakoda Armstrong Heat winner and a solid top 10 in the featch.

Wish this was a two day event.

Other thoughts, Fact, Rumors ....

Sweet to KKR ? Hearing that when Swindell leaves for a (can not mention here as this is an openwheel board ) That Brad Sweet will fill the seat vacated.

Stenhouse to ....... Again would love to fill this in but will not on an openwheel board.

Hunter - Wanting to make sure he had an oppurtunity when USAC heads west, Hunter % landed in the Yeley ride, just to affirm just how good this kid is he had Jack smiling even after missing the florence "A" I mean come on Jack smiling at all..... Giving Hunter % his first midget go netted a top 5 go at Little Belleville.

Who are the top 5 drivers who can crossover? Sprint/Midget Dirt Pavement?

When the track is Rough stand on the gas give me Ballou When smooth as silk slick give me stanbrough when its paved give Booby East but when you have to tackle all 3 give me Darland.

Ok .. Thats enough .. I am off to watch the NASC.....er Football Game

Can I mention football here?

Tim

10/7/07, 5:21 PM   #2
Re: Lawrenceburg Thoughts , Rumors and way to much time on the road.
L WALLACE

Well i thought the track was just getting good at the end of the race the bottom never came in well enough to run two grooves it was around the top and hope the guy in front of u messed up enough for u to get by, the only thing that saved the race was the class of drivers that was there i mean they put on an ok show 81 started on the front row 9 started in the forth row darland started in the 3rd row thats ur top three then fourth was 57 shuman , and fifth anderson, they drove a hell of race to come from the 12th(shuman) and 14th(anderson) starting spot for being with teams that do not have the money like the cars they are running against.. Shuman also came from dead last in his heat to finish 2nd ,i am sure there was other good runs for people but shuman has really cought my eye, winning 6 or 7 races bouncing from car to car. It would be cool to see him get a shot in a top notch ride.

10/7/07, 5:39 PM   #3
Fred Zirzow

Race Count This Year: 65
Race Count Last Year: 49

Thanks for the info TIM!

:respect::respect::applaud:

10/7/07, 7:44 PM   #4
FOR4

Mr. Clauson I think some of your comments were directed towards me. I think it is alright to talk about non open wheel racing now. You just have to watch your spelling. Do you mean feature race or featch race? Are you related to Bryon Clauson the ARCA driver? If you are I think he is a very good driver.

10/7/07, 8:01 PM   #5
Tim Clauson

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOR4 View Post
Mr. Clauson I think some of your comments were directed towards me. I think it is alright to talk about non open wheel racing now. You just have to watch your spelling. Do you mean feature race or featch race? Are you related to Bryon Clauson the ARCA driver? If you are I think he is a very good driver.
For4, just funnin a little, Sorry I did mean "feature race", In California where I am originally from we got so busy that we shortened the name of some of the races to conserve time. I agree we need to watch the spelling on here and sadly I am probably one of the worst offenders. In the interest of being precise I have no relation to ARCA driver Bryon Clauson.

Thanks!

Tim Clauson

To Aero, close but no cigar...

10/7/07, 8:20 PM   #6
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

What about Bryan Clawson?

10/7/07, 8:23 PM   #7
J.D.

the Burg is a very nice place and even though the track was extreemly fast in only one groove, I felt like the banking and the lip on the straight-a-ways caused a lot of the yellows and was also the reason drivers couldn't find other lines to make their passes. I'm not complaining at all, just thinking of how the Burg could of been more racy with the great field of drivers that were there lastnight.

10/7/07, 8:34 PM   #8
FOR4

:thumb: Very good post about Lawrenceburg. Where was Kimb Stewart

10/7/07, 8:55 PM   #9
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Im hiring Tim Clauson as my PR guy. I try to say the same things he does but make a fool out of myself doing so.

Chuck, Who says at least Brad Sweet tried to clear up his Midget week blunder after getting beat by a old hat

Kevin will get booted out of the big leauges if you ask me and sadly it won't have anything to do with HOW FAST HE IS.

10/7/07, 9:04 PM   #10
Sprint Fan

Tim,

I promise one day to buy you a beer or two or more,
I just want to sit down and have a long drawn out conversation,
I LOVE the way you think! (and type)

:thumb:

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg Thoughts , Rumors and way to much time on the road.