IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Silver Crown - 2022 Schedule…..
12/10/21, 12:23 PM   #1
USAC Silver Crown - 2022 Schedule…..
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

USAC Silver Crown

2022 Schedule

Schedule posted in the picture attached to the post below.
Last edited by nathans1012; 11/17/23 at 2:26 PM.

4 members like this post: Bostonian, chrismattlin, SpfldMile, tirespinner
12/10/21, 12:31 PM   #2
Re: USAC Silver Crown - 2022 Schedule…..
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

The one track I wish was on there was West Va. Motor Speedway. Tracks too big for sprints and LM's but not for a crown.

4 members like this post: nathans1012, oppweld, SpfldMile, TNRustler
12/10/21, 12:35 PM   #3
SpfldMile

I hope for no rainouts, good car counts, and good crowds.

12/10/21, 1:55 PM   #4
Rhody

Race Count This Year: 9

I can't believe they don't run an east coast asphalt race. Thompson, Stafford or Richmond all look like a good fit for those cars.

4 members like this post: Bostonian, jdull99, PIT CART, tirespinner
12/10/21, 2:44 PM   #5
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
I can't believe they don't run an east coast asphalt race. Thompson, Stafford or Richmond all look like a good fit for those cars.
Maybe it's just me but I think it would be cool to see the USAC Silver Crown cars run a combined show at either Bristol, Martinsville, or the Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway or all 3 with the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour. I think Nashville would be cool for the sprints and midgets as well.

4 members like this post: jdull99, oppweld, ROSCO, tirespinner
12/10/21, 4:45 PM   #6
ISF

Truly thankful that the USAC division that Smokey Yunick once described as the last true "racing" division in the country is back at our two beloved Illinois mile dirt tracks for another year!! The health of participation is very good. Never, in all my years of being a bleacher jockey, have I seen absolutely great racing so sparsely supported as the two Illinois dirt miles. Especially Springfield. Last August the race was halted at 76 miles but there was action and excitement enough packed into those 76 laps for 200 miles!

Thank you Bob Sargent, USAC, all car owners, crew's and drivers for promoting, organizing and producing some of the best racing we see all year long!!

12/10/21, 5:34 PM   #7
ThrowbackRacingTeam

I see the two most important races are on there now everybody needs to go support them. These new dirt cars put on fantastic racing on the mile dirt tracks. I promise you’ll get your money’s worth. I put those two on my calendar first, then anything else falls into place after.

12/11/21, 12:53 PM   #8
diversified

Silver Crown cars ran Richmond in the past and put on a great show, would love to see it back on the schedule. Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway was on the 2020 Silver Crown schedule and was lost due to COVID, maybe once they get past the facility upgrade and the NASCAR stuff it might be back in the future. Gateway (or whatever it's called these days!) with IndyCar in August should be great!

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, jdull99, oppweld, ROSCO, tirespinner
12/12/21, 6:55 PM   #9
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by diversified View Post
Silver Crown cars ran Richmond in the past and put on a great show, would love to see it back on the schedule. Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway was on the 2020 Silver Crown schedule and was lost due to COVID, maybe once they get past the facility upgrade and the NASCAR stuff it might be back in the future. Gateway (or whatever it's called these days!) with IndyCar in August should be great!
Bob Sargent was involved when they were scheduled at Nashville. I doubt the Bristol people are interested. I would think most teams don't really want many more races.

2 members like this post: oppweld, tirespinner
12/12/21, 8:16 PM   #10
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by diversified View Post
Gateway (or whatever it's called these days!) with IndyCar in August should be great!
Didn't the Gateway action of the mid-00s make the series realize that the stand-up roadsters were not safe to handle on a fast 1 mile+ track like that?

It eventually resulted in this type of thinking:

And thinking of the sort nearly resulted in the death of the series. What has changed since then to once again go this route?
Last edited by Stevensville Mike; 12/12/21 at 8:18 PM.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Silver Crown - 2022 Schedule…..