IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Another USAC event W/O Gulick
5/12/13, 12:44 PM   #11
Re: Another USAC event W/O Gulick
ossuks

Rule 10.3 is a joke!! Kevin Miller makes the decisions based on who you are, how many memberships you buy, and how many cars you register! I was fired for making a decision at Sun Prairie without his ok. Total speculation on my part, but Gulick only registered 1 car so he probably got a healthy vacation!

5/12/13, 12:48 PM   #12
racephoto1

Thanks for the USAC rules Bill. Rule 10.30 pretty much sums it up.

5/12/13, 2:27 PM   #13
Midget 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
Bill: If USAC has levied a penalty and you are aware of it, why not just say so and put an end to all this speculation.

5/12/13, 2:37 PM   #14
cwfan08

Race Count This Year: 17

I dont think anyone really knows what penalties were handed down..thats why its still a speculation..but I am going to go with Devins response I would say coleman is probably laying low for the time being or has been parked for a while..Coleman has a lot of talent and I hope he comes back out and races..but he has to get his thoughts figured out first and foremost.

Tyler

3 members like this post: IndyBound, interpreter66, speed bump
5/12/13, 3:38 PM   #15
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
Rule 10.3 is a joke!! Kevin Miller makes the decisions based on who you are, how many memberships you buy, and how many cars you register! I was fired for making a decision at Sun Prairie without his ok. Total speculation on my part, but Gulick only registered 1 car so he probably got a healthy vacation!
Bill, why hasn't he been running KISS races or regular shows? We know you hate Kevin Miller, but didn't you quit at North Vernon. You ripped off your shirt said you quit and you weren't coming back. That dosen't sound like getting fired to me.

1 member likes this post: Pat O'Connor Fan
5/12/13, 5:04 PM   #16
johnnythunderhead
Banned

if indeed there is merit to this incident as reported/ it would seem likely that both legal and civil proceedings might be pending or under way. it would be nice to know whats going on, as stated i've been a fan of c g for some time/ but i have no use for this kind of behavior!

Posted via Mobile Device

5/12/13, 5:05 PM   #17
jim goerge

Its probley a good thing Coleman is racing now in place of when Dick Gaines Butch Wilkerson and Bob Kinser were Think he would be wearing a couple of black eyes OMG can see the cigar drop now lol

3 members like this post: racephoto1, Speedwrench, wallbanger II
5/12/13, 5:07 PM   #18
ossuks

Yes, I do hate Kevin, but when I met him I told him he would fire me because he would not understand what it took to do my job.

Yes, i did rip off my shirt at Vernon and quit!

2 month later I was offered (by USAC) a full time job in charge of racing operations, but was not interested in giving up my other career. So, Jason Smith called me asking that I try to mend some fences between him and Mr. Capels (JS had started the PRA and JC felt that was in competition to USAC). So, when a friend calls asking a favor, a stand up guy does what he can. The plan was we would work at USAC.... Some people have faults, mine was trusting a friend! A friend that needed a job!

Maybe there is a gap in your memory as I worked for 3 yrs. after that short 2 month vacation from USAC.

And to clear up the point of being fired, was lied to by my "friend" when the rumor started that I was being replaced... was assured that would never happen... well some people make a lifetime of not telling the truth.... but i say i was fired, I guess the term could be my services have not been needed, as no one that works on west 16th street has actually taken the time to pick up the phone and tell m after 34 yrs. of service that I was being replaced....

The point of this thread was not about me, just telling the truth on how thing were handled when i worked at USAC. The rule 10.3 was mentioned...I simply told the truth on how things were handled in the past...

There are a lot of people that never get a insight into how things are done sometimes, if it involves the management team at USAC, I like to tell what i know... Kind of my way of saying "up yours" to the guy that hasn't the stones to reply to an e-mail, or to the friend that put the knife in my back... Is my opinion biased...absolutely....but unlike my lost friend...i don't need to lie!

i
Last edited by ossuks; 5/12/13 at 5:10 PM.

5/12/13, 5:21 PM   #19
johnnythunderhead
Banned

don't know what mma is/ but boxing has rules, fighting is not permitted in football (period) and is penalized in hockey (for a hot minute or two) but there is no need for fighting in motor sports, for one thing, most drivers are small of stature but several are not (if we allow bullying, pushing punching and kicking to rule; then who's gonna enjoy racing?) its easy to get caught up with emotion in motorsports, but if you can't deal with and control your emotions and temper, then join the toothless canooks on the ice and stay out of a racecar (although i do recal at least one gentleman who did play professional hockey and raced supermods, but as i recal he was a gentleman within the racing coomunity half of his life at least)

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by johnnythunderhead; 5/12/13 at 5:30 PM.

1 member likes this post: fish
5/12/13, 5:27 PM   #20
Hamby812

CJ Leary was a great example last night of how to keep your composure after being torn up. Kudos to that young man.

Posted via Mobile Device

6 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, fish, jim goerge, Motormasher, speed bump, Sprints!
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Another USAC event W/O Gulick