IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Attica Raceway Park - Attica, Ohio - 2024 Schedule
1/24/24, 11:37 PM   #1
Attica Raceway Park - Attica, Ohio - 2024 Schedule
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Attica Raceway Park
Attica, Ohio

Track - https://atticaracewaypark.com/

Weekly Racing
410 Wing Sprint Cars, UMP Super Late Models, & 305 Wing Sprint Cars

2024 Schedule

1/25/24, 12:02 PM   #2
Re: Attica Raceway Park - Attica, Ohio - 2024 Schedule
revjimk

No High Limits events???
This Allstar mainstay got screwed royal!

2 members like this post: Duane Hancock, motorhead748
1/25/24, 12:24 PM   #3
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
No High Limits events???
Not really. They aligned themselves with DirtVision. No way they wanted a High Limit race. They wouldn't want to lose their Outlaw dates.

4 members like this post: Grocery Guy, opnwhlmnd, PJ Wright, tirespinner
1/25/24, 1:29 PM   #4
motorhead748

I’m looking forward to the opener if the weather is good enough to ride up

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, PIT CART
1/26/24, 11:34 AM   #5
toledo47

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Not really. They aligned themselves with DirtVision. No way they wanted a High Limit race. They wouldn't want to lose their Outlaw dates.
How did they not get screwed?
If it was business as usual, and the high limit thing never happened, they would have their 2 WoO races and 5-6 ASCOC races as always.
Now they’ve got 2 WoO races and a few FAST series races.
Yeah, they had to pick sides, WoO or High a limit. No choice there, it had to happen with how things have gone, and WoO was the obvious choice.
But they would’ve been much better off had this HL thing never started. So they did get screwed, and their race calendar is much weaker than usual because of it

3 members like this post: motorhead748, progressive22, tirespinner
1/26/24, 4:56 PM   #6
BrentTFunk

I still don't think they got screwed, because they could have done things differently. Were they offered High Limit dates? Did they turn them down? Could they not reach an agreement on what dates? I don't know. Yes, like every other track, they had tough decisions. They did what they thought was best for them. My feelings are the All Stars were probably going to be gone anyway. Not enough teams following the series. If High Limit was screwing them, they would not allow their teams to run Attica shows, or something like that. That is one of the things that make operating a track difficult. Not an easy business. If all goes well, I plan on attending my first Brad Doty Classic this year. Hope they have success all year.

1/26/24, 9:58 PM   #7
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
No High Limits events???
I don’t think Attica got screwed, but I think they are definitely a victim of circumstances. Attica is the track most significantly affected by the end of the All Stars. What they lose is primarily the name identity of the All Stars as a recognizable regional tour and the fans who come to those events rather than weekly shows. The FAST series really isn’t able to fill the void left in the region by the All Stars. Don’t take that as a criticism of FAST. Their schedule is pretty consistent with what it has been with the addition of Ohio Sprint Speedweek. FAST could take a wait and see approach this year and assess whether a growth in their schedule and payout is worth doing in the future. Speedweek is a way to dip their toe in that water. If they decide to continue with business as usual, there is a void that could be filled by a new series. All that being said, Attica will be just fine with the shows they have on their schedule. Car and fan count may not change too much, and they still have the biggest event on their schedule with the Outlaws. It would be a pretty big gamble to sacrifice that event just to go with High Limit and get a couple of shows that probably won’t be any more profitable.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
1/26/24, 11:27 PM   #8
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Several tracks have both. Seems the tracks that signed with Dirt Vision are getting the HL Boycott but Flo Tracks are not doing so to WoO just won't be able to stream those shows.

I could be wrong, Just my opinion.

1/28/24, 10:39 AM   #9
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier race fan View Post
I don’t think Attica got screwed, but I think they are definitely a victim of circumstances. Attica is the track most significantly affected by the end of the All Stars. What they lose is primarily the name identity of the All Stars as a recognizable regional tour and the fans who come to those events rather than weekly shows. The FAST series really isn’t able to fill the void left in the region by the All Stars. Don’t take that as a criticism of FAST. Their schedule is pretty consistent with what it has been with the addition of Ohio Sprint Speedweek. FAST could take a wait and see approach this year and assess whether a growth in their schedule and payout is worth doing in the future. Speedweek is a way to dip their toe in that water. If they decide to continue with business as usual, there is a void that could be filled by a new series. All that being said, Attica will be just fine with the shows they have on their schedule. Car and fan count may not change too much, and they still have the biggest event on their schedule with the Outlaws. It would be a pretty big gamble to sacrifice that event just to go with High Limit and get a couple of shows that probably won’t be any more profitable.
Thank you. You worded that better than I did.

1 member likes this post: hoosier race fan
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Attica Raceway Park - Attica, Ohio - 2024 Schedule