IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ISW opening weekend hotels...
6/26/11, 11:23 PM   #1
ISW opening weekend hotels...
farriswheel

Can somebody help me with a location that is about half way between Kokomo and Gas City? We are coming from southern Indiana and stayed somewhere last year that was about an hour or so from both tracks I believe. Thanks in advance for the help!!!

6/27/11, 12:06 AM   #2
Re: ISW opening weekend hotels...
mortboyz

Tracks are only about 30 minutes apart. Try the Kokomo area for a room, there are plenty of motels in town. Also a couple in Gas City.

6/27/11, 12:29 AM   #3
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by farriswheel View Post
can somebody help me with a location that is about half way between kokomo and gas city? We are coming from southern indiana and stayed somewhere last year that was about an hour or so from both tracks i believe. Thanks in advance for the help!!!
i just cancelled a room for two nights at super 8 in kokomo tonight. for 8th - 9th

6/27/11, 1:02 AM   #4
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

I have stayed at the Kokomo Super 8 for the last 8-9 years, but stayed at the Kokomo Days Inn last trip and will return there for ISW. Good restaurant attached, good rooms, outdoor pool, very nice people (not to say that the Super 8 people aren't). No problem with WiFi at all. $47.18 + tax for two people with no discounts. My AARP rate was $44.xx + tax. The motel is right off Route 31, 2-3 miles from the Kokomo track and a couple of miles from the road to Gas City. Very easy to get to both places.

6/27/11, 4:22 PM   #5
SPRINTCAR

We just stay in Gas City because Kokomo is so close. Just google "motels in Gas City, Indiana".
There are several motels at the exit for the track.
Last edited by SPRINTCAR; 6/27/11 at 4:24 PM. Reason: wording

6/27/11, 5:01 PM   #6
BrentTFunk

You can't really go wrong either way. If it was me I would stay in Kokomo so I would not have to check out in the morning, and change rooms.

6/27/11, 9:42 PM   #7
Great Scott

Race Count This Year: 48
Race Count Last Year: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by farriswheel View Post
Can somebody help me with a location that is about half way between Kokomo and Gas City? We are coming from southern Indiana and stayed somewhere last year that was about an hour or so from both tracks I believe. Thanks in advance for the help!!!
Steve, halfway is nothing but corn fields. Maybe you could get a good rate for a night in a farmer's barn.

2 members like this post: farriswheel, SPRINTCAR
6/27/11, 10:43 PM   #8
sprinter25

Or you could click on the "track hotels" link at the top of this page....

6/29/11, 8:46 AM   #9
farriswheel

Thanks guys...I just figured by this point all the hotels right around the track would be booked. Guess I didnt consider that half of the ISW goers are probably camping haha. See you all there!

6/29/11, 9:28 AM   #10
Mudclodbob

We have never had any trouble finding a motel in Kokomo, even without reservations. There are plenty to choose from. If you want to stay in Gas City (which is only a short drive to Kokomo), that's another story. Since there are only three, they book long before Sprintweek.

We usually stay at the Gas City Super 8, which is the most well maintained Super 8 we've stayed at. We have also stayed at the Best Western which is very nice.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ISW opening weekend hotels...