IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Chris Nunn (Offline)
  #1 8/19/12 11:49 AM
I read on the waynesfield updates that Jack Hewitt will be racing in the Hewitt Classic?

Chris Nunn
812-360-6711
nunnc812@gmail.com
dkdorkboy (Offline)
  #2 8/19/12 12:40 PM
They interviewed him during intermission and he said was racin a car for Jamie Miller.I think he said if he's dumb enough to let me drive it I'm dumb enough to try it.
2 Likes: 31bro, K9Racer
PIT CART (Online)
  #3 8/19/12 1:16 PM
That's where I am going next Saturday. I miss seeing jack wheel a car.

Posted via Mobile Device
double checkered (Offline)
  #4 8/19/12 1:51 PM
You're always welcome to join us at WRP. However, I don't want you to be disappointed. Jack said he will be racing in The Hewitt Classic Sunday September 16th. Now there is no telling if Jack may try to get some practice in before the big dance. He also may have the limousine there giving rides in his two seater.

Jeremy

Posted via Mobile Device
racefan20 (Offline)
  #5 8/19/12 3:16 PM

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
Chris Nunn (Offline)
  #6 8/19/12 3:29 PM
Im up in the air over this. I was never his biggest fan, but in his condition, does anyone think this might be a good idea? He can wheel the hell out of that two seater. I hope he does well, but hopefully being safe and steady is the plan.

Chris Nunn
812-360-6711
nunnc812@gmail.com
2 Likes: EPSpeed, interpreter66
interpreter66 (Offline)
  #7 8/19/12 7:37 PM
cadalackin around with no body on the track is one thing ,but racing?
could you imagine the interview jack would have given back in the day if somebody else would be trying to do the same thing he might attempt.
priceless
double checkered (Offline)
  #8 8/19/12 8:25 PM
I know there was a discussion the past couple years when Jack would take a fan and start on the tail of the feature. He would run 1 lap and pull off. I know the 4 laps he runs in the two seater is nothing compared to competition with 19 other cars for 25 laps. But I think Jack is smart enough not to put himself or any other driver in danger. Who knows, he may surprise a bunch of us. I'm honored to be a part of a race that is for my hero Jack Hewitt. I am excited to watch Jack race again.

Jeremy

Posted via Mobile Device
ThePurple73 (Offline)
  #9 8/19/12 8:39 PM
I remember listening on the radio(in car) to Jack getting up to speed in the Indy Car. He got it figured out and made the race. I have a great deal of respect for him, he accomplished a ton racing.
I've seen him win a bunch of silver crown and sprint car races and the book about Jack is great too.
mortboyz
  #10 8/19/12 10:19 PM
It's hard to extinguish the fire in the heart of a lion....
2 Likes: Danny Burton, luckybuc97