IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Remembering Jesse Hocket At Double X Speedway
5/31/10, 4:58 PM   #1
Remembering Jesse Hocket At Double X Speedway
oldracer#4

Everyone came with heavy hearts to help honor Jesse Hockett. A standing room only crowd filled Double X to the brim. Fans and drivers were kind enough to share a favorite memories they had about Jesse.

The really tough job belonged to Randy Martin as he filled Jesse's seat in the JHR sprint car for the night.
Filled with emotion and still having to do the job on the track Randy had his hands full.

This race had a life of it's own as fans would hang around after the races and sign the section of front straightaway wall with Jesse's picture on it, leaving a farewell message or words of encouragement for the family.

As a media person I always try to seperate from the action to try and be non-biased but the feelings within at this event were more than the average person could hold back especially talking with Jesse's dad, Jack. I could not speak. He comforted me by saying,"it's ok you don't have to say anything. I understand".

Thanks to all the fans, friends and family of Jesse. I, like so many others, am making my good bye's. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6L1zkOEhFk

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Remembering Jesse Hocket At Double X Speedway