IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Larson
12/5/19, 3:14 AM   #31
Re: Kyle Larson
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie View Post
Didn't happen, at least with USAC. There was one USAC Midget race held at Angell Park in 2011, he finished 4th. In 2012, there were two USAC Midget races held at Angell Park. He showed up for the first one only and finished 7th in the feature. That was his final USAC Midget appearance at Angell Park.
Nice! Even better then...not sure what I remembered I guess...(hit my head on the Hwy in 2012 so maybe I had a false memory of smthn around that time...lol. Coulda been the shock that he didn't win!, I guess - I will 100% go with that...I'm gonna say that lot's of us proly thought he was gona win & the time lapse between then & now created that wrong memory of my posted question. Thank-you. I'd sure like to see the BMARA result from any time he ran there, without USAC.)

Help me out with this too please: Many talked of his limited pavement experience when he went to NASCAR, but he did catch the end of the pavement era for USAC midgets & sprints. Were any of his wins not on dirt? I'm sure he at least ran some Silver Crown races on pavement, right?

That is all. Thank-you. lol.
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
Last edited by jdull99; 12/5/19 at 3:23 AM.

12/5/19, 4:12 AM   #32
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdull99 View Post
Nice! Even better then...not sure what I remembered I guess...(hit my head on the Hwy in 2012 so maybe I had a false memory of smthn around that time...lol. Coulda been the shock that he didn't win!, I guess - I will 100% go with that...I'm gonna say that lot's of us proly thought he was gona win & the time lapse between then & now created that wrong memory of my posted question. Thank-you. I'd sure like to see the BMARA result from any time he ran there, without USAC.)

Help me out with this too please: Many talked of his limited pavement experience when he went to NASCAR, but he did catch the end of the pavement era for USAC midgets & sprints. Were any of his wins not on dirt? I'm sure he at least ran some Silver Crown races on pavement, right?

That is all. Thank-you. lol.
Funny how our minds work.... if we expect him to be 1st or 2nd, 7th "might as well" be DNQ....

12/5/19, 4:13 AM   #33
jdull99

[QUOTE=revjimk;523401]Funny how our minds work.... if we expect him to be 1st or 2nd, 7th "might as well" be DNQ....[/QUOTE

I coulda edited my original post to say "he missed the podium"...lol. I'm going to bed though...lol

12/5/19, 4:55 AM   #34
jdull99

Since this thread is by FAR the most viewed on this forum of late, let's keep it going (lol) - anyone happen to have full results for POWRi/BMARA co-sanction at Angell Park on July 21, 2011? According to this story, there were 28 cars present & 22 started the feature...

http://www.hngnews.com/sun_prairie_s...00e05735f.html

My research shows there was not a scheduled USAC/WoO/Allstar race that night, so maybe Kyle was there that evening...?

12/5/19, 1:01 PM   #35
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdull99 View Post
Since this thread is by FAR the most viewed on this forum of late, let's keep it going (lol) - anyone happen to have full results for POWRi/BMARA co-sanction at Angell Park on July 21, 2011? According to this story, there were 28 cars present & 22 started the feature...

http://www.hngnews.com/sun_prairie_s...00e05735f.html

My research shows there was not a scheduled USAC/WoO/Allstar race that night, so maybe Kyle was there that evening...?
You need to find a hobby for the winter months!

3 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, jdull99, TNRustler
12/5/19, 5:41 PM   #36
jdull99

I'm actually nursing another injury! (no surprise too many prolly...). I know "screen time" doesn't help much, but IoW & emails to my friends are my only "social media"...doink around in the shop some, but can't do anything too strenuous right now, or even go out anywhere late at night and have a low octane beer...lol (people proly think I'm drunk half the time I'm on here...lol). So, this has been fun/educating!

The July 2011 show, when he finished 4th...; I officially retract what I mis-remembered & am gonna say those of us that had noted he won so much everywhere else, were surprised he "missed the podium" at Angell Park.

The 2012 night, when Kyle got 7th, we actly had won the support class (Micro 600) heat and moved to 2nd in the points chase...just days b4 I broke my wrist attempting to defend one of our 2011 stock car champs at Rockford Speedway (Still finished 5th in the feature...went to the ER the next night & got the word...tired running the micro one more time, b4 they put me in a 90deg cast); so my memory around that time period musta been a little clouded...lol (& am forever thankful we somewhat redeemed ourselves, after foregoing the 2012 micro points, to take 3rd on my comeback year in 2013)

So anyway, when I defend his stock car career (recall, this is how I got involved in this much viewed thread - I still say he is more talented then the equip/team his is with in the Cup series) to my stock car buddies, I can NOW say - in addition to everything else! - he got two top 7s at Angell Park! (Blv ME...I know how difficult that is!!! lol - & appreciate the dedication KO's book "Cages are For Monkey's" has to "...anyone who has sat their ass in a midget for one lap at Sun Prairie"! - page XI...that's actually where I stopped reading...I may take it back up over the next couple week's and get away from the glow of the computer...lol)

I would still like to know all I can on his OW pavement results too tho. Thanks!
Last edited by jdull99; 12/5/19 at 6:04 PM.

2 members like this post: davidm, i love dirt track racing
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Larson