IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thunder Valley Raceway
4/14/15, 2:18 PM   #21
ThunderValleyRaceway

No powri cant run only cars is lightning sprints/kenyon midgets/echotec midgets/focus midgets

3 members like this post: cantc4mud, DAD, Wayne Davis
4/14/15, 2:44 PM   #22
Re: Thunder Valley Raceway
DAD

Thunder

That would be the general consensus of a D II Midget as envisioned by many in the racing community. Chain drive Motorcycle powered cars>>>Ecotec powered Midgets and Focus Powered Midgets and also>> let's not forget about the New USAC Honda cars all of them work real well together and could produce some excellent racing.

I don't know but in the future PowrI would make for some spectacular racing there as a special event.

It would also be an excellent track for several classes of the 600cc sidewinders and Junior Sprints. This track has so many possibility's that it is overwhelming. And it never has to see a V8 race car on the race track. You might want to check in with your insurance people and see if they give a break for 4 cylinders and less?

Honest Dad himself

4/14/15, 2:56 PM   #23
ThunderValleyRaceway

We are working on a cpl dates for sidewinders

1 member likes this post: DAD
4/15/15, 10:08 AM   #24
Mikec11n

Any idea on the amount of interest there is or an estimate on car count? And for all you folks that say there ain't no way to tell, well I know that I am looking for a guesstimate.
I know May 8th, lord willing we will be there to give it an honest effort if there are enough participants to give if a go. The last Mini Sprint feature we only had like 5 cars, great group of guys but it was more like an open practice more so than not. I would love to see it like it was in 2008 2009 when there were enough cars to make it fun.

Mike Cherry

4/15/15, 10:28 AM   #25
ThunderValleyRaceway

There is alot of interest. As for car count i cant answer that would be impossible.
Last edited by ThunderValleyRaceway; 4/15/15 at 1:09 PM.

4/15/15, 1:58 PM   #26
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikec11n View Post
Any idea on the amount of interest there is or an estimate on car count? And for all you folks that say there ain't no way to tell, well I know that I am looking for a guesstimate.
I know May 8th, lord willing we will be there to give it an honest effort if there are enough participants to give if a go. The last Mini Sprint feature we only had like 5 cars, great group of guys but it was more like an open practice more so than not. I would love to see it like it was in 2008 2009 when there were enough cars to make it fun.

Mike Cherry

Mike

These guys would be going heads up with MMSA on the 8th of may with their race at Chandler. Both of them will be up against a Friday night race that typically draws fewer cars.

By opening up his rules for the Div II type cars he could hope to pull some Ecotec and Focus and Kenyon cars. The guys down in Linton with the 600cc cars could also make a difference but you are the first guy beside me to show any interest on IOW. This track is small enough that even the 600cc uprights would be competitive especially with out wings.

Honest Dad himself

4/15/15, 4:03 PM   #27
Jim Gardner

I love running thunder valley and I like the concept. But due to work I can't make a Friday show until at least mid june. Last time I ran there it only paid 50 bucks to win. If they can come up with a consistent purse structure (it doesn't have to be huge money) then I'd be very supportive of it.
Last edited by Jim Gardner; 4/15/15 at 9:12 PM. Reason: Don't know why I wrote May, it won't be until June after school is out.

4/15/15, 5:21 PM   #28
DAD

Jimmy

Back to my original statement!! DUMP FRIDAY NIGHTS some of us still work on Friday because we can't qualify for a Government check.

Honest Dad himself

4/15/15, 8:59 PM   #29
ThunderValleyRaceway

Duane Hilderbrand (Track Promoter) Is pleased to announce that Thunder Valley Raceway*
will be open for the 2015 race season.
Schedule of events for 2015 are posted in the schedule page.
There will be some changes for the upcoming season.*
New lower grandstand admission prices will be $7.00*
Kids 10 and under free
New lower concession prices
Better payout for our drivers
Come enjoy some exciting racing this year at the Thunder!*

http://thundervalleyracing.net/index.html
Last edited by ThunderValleyRaceway; 4/15/15 at 9:10 PM.

2 members like this post: cmiracingvids, DAD
4/15/15, 9:38 PM   #30
LEADERS EDGE

Why not run it just like the Montpeiler program?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thunder Valley Raceway