IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gaerte Engines aquired by Topp Performance
3/10/17, 6:01 PM   #1
Gaerte Engines aquired by Topp Performance
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

If you haven't heard by now here is the article and letter by Gaerte Engines.
Gaerte Engines acquired by Topp Performance Parts.
Speed Sport Article - http://www.speedsport.com/more/topp-...gaerte-engines

LETTER BELOW.

Last edited by nathans1012; 3/10/17 at 6:02 PM.

3/11/17, 11:22 AM   #2
Re: Gaerte Engines aquired by Topp Performance
EBookerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
If you haven't heard by now here is the article and letter by Gaerte Engines.
Gaerte Engines acquired by Topp Performance Parts.
Speed Sport Article - http://www.speedsport.com/more/topp-...gaerte-engines

LETTER BELOW.

Back in 1995 or 1996, Art{AJ} Wendt, was at East Bay with an extra Gaerte motor. His hauler was the most popular place in the pits. It was the Saturday night before the Daytona 500 and the final night of sprint racing at East Bay.

3/13/17, 6:29 PM   #3
Stevensville Mike

I do not know about you, but when I read articles like this, I feel bittersweet.

Just like with Hoosier Tire being sold to the Continental group, it is sad that part of our history has now changed, wherein a different organization now owns the rights.

But on the other hand, Bob Newton built Hoosier Tire up with his own creativity, hard work, and dedication. Now that Bob has passed on and his company is worth more than it ever was, GOOD for the Newton family to sell and reap these benefits.

Just like with Earl Gaerte and Gaerte Engines. One of Indiana's most highly regarded outfits when it comes to racing the short tracks. Sad to see it passed on, but glad to see, like Hoosier Tire, the name staying, and I hope the Gaertes are FLOODED with money from this sale. They deserve every red cent of it and I hope they enjoy it to the utmost.

Like I said.... sad on one hand, but happy for the families on the other.

2 members like this post: bighd0522, EBookerFan
3/13/17, 7:09 PM   #4
Aces&Eights

Race Count This Year: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
I do not know about you, but when I read articles like this, I feel bittersweet.

Just like with Hoosier Tire being sold to the Continental group, it is sad that part of our history has now changed, wherein a different organization now owns the rights.

But on the other hand, Bob Newton built Hoosier Tire up with his own creativity, hard work, and dedication. Now that Bob has passed on and his company is worth more than it ever was, GOOD for the Newton family to sell and reap these benefits.

Just like with Earl Gaerte and Gaerte Engines. One of Indiana's most highly regarded outfits when it comes to racing the short tracks. Sad to see it passed on, but glad to see, like Hoosier Tire, the name staying, and I hope the Gaertes are FLOODED with money from this sale. They deserve every red cent of it and I hope they enjoy it to the utmost.

Like I said.... sad on one hand, but happy for the families on the other.
I agree with you, but I think actually they are changing the name of the business. No longer Gaerte Engines, but TOPP something...

3/13/17, 7:48 PM   #5
old timer

who owns TOPP Performance?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gaerte Engines aquired by Topp Performance