IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
Tumey's 55 (Offline)
  #91 8/27/12 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by captrat:
Oh yeah, this will work. Let's see if we can't improve the quality and exposure of our sport by splitting into even more divisive groupings. Like it or not, and they certainly aren't perfect, if you want to see non-wing racing grow to be competitive on a marketing basis you are going to need a recognized sanctioning body. USAC fills this role. As said earlier they are not perfect, but one has to think outside the regional mindset associated with non-wing for it to gain its deserved national attention. I won't defend USAC for everything it has done but the obviously biased bashing and negativity are becoming tiresome.
Becoming tiresome, beyond that. USAC just completed one of the best events for sprint cars in some time and this now turns into a bash fest. I agree with Mr Funk, not sure I am in favor of USAC stepping into this. It was aggresive driving but how can you possibly determine intent, probably have a he said - he said deal here. If USAC does decide action is warranted, I want them to take time to investigate and take appropriate action not make some knee jerk reaction. I was watching and saw this happen, I did not like Levi's driving but not certain action is warranted. Where does it end once you Starr down this path?

Posted via Mobile Device
BrandonT30 (Offline)
  #92 8/27/12 1:01 PM
I want to thank USAC and the O"Conners for putting on such a big race at Kokomo Speedway its really cool how everyone has reacted to this event. I also want to thank the announcers at the track you all deserve a pat on the back you guys were very entertaining I just wish we had all of you each Sunday night. I can't wait for next years Smackdown. Of course we also have the Kokomo Klash in October and we all know how big that event is so I image in a couple years the Smackdown will keep growing into one of the biggest shows in the country.
nonwingnit (Offline)
  #93 8/27/12 1:33 PM
Originally Posted by Tumey's 55:
Becoming tiresome, beyond that. USAC just completed one of the best events for sprint cars in some time and this now turns into a bash fest. I agree with Mr Funk, not sure I am in favor of USAC stepping into this. It was aggresive driving but how can you possibly determine intent, probably have a he said - he said deal here. If USAC does decide action is warranted, I want them to take time to investigate and take appropriate action not make some knee jerk reaction. I was watching and saw this happen, I did not like Levi's driving but not certain action is warranted. Where does it end once you Starr down this path?

Posted via Mobile Device
USAC can't not get involved - they already started down this path when they penalized Ballou for "avoidable contact" if they don't issue a statement and take action it is blatant biased favoritism. They created this when they began making judgment calls. And they have already exhibited favoritism when they gave Levi a free pass for hitting Ballou twice after the checkers at Lawrenceburg. Watch the loudpedal highlight video you can see Levi flipping Ballou off then hitting him twice that was all after the checkers and Levi only got a $200 fine which as he said in the pits was nothing for them.

Posted via Mobile Device
5 Likes: bighd0522, c47, interpreter66, sprintgal, thebus79h
unclebuck20 (Offline)
  #94 8/27/12 1:43 PM
What is truly sad that too many people are making judgement calls of what Levi Jones did or did not do that weren't at the race. Especially the genius that stated that Levi has no regard for his or anybody elses equipment. I was there, I do not believe his intention was to wreck anybody, but he did ,aren't we fortunate that nobody else makes mistakes.
DND (Offline)
  #95 8/27/12 3:26 PM
I was there and saw it all. Levi did it intentionally or he really screwed up. Either way USAC needs to make him accountable for his actions. I have a hard time swallowing the fact that it was not intentional being the years of experience he has the fact where it happened and some of the comments he made to Jon and in the USAC court room. Levi needs to learn to shut his pie hole because when he speaks he digs himself a deeper hole. When he tells people that $200.00 fine by USAC is no problem it leads you to believe that he doesn't have any regard for his equipment or anybody else's or USAC for that matter.

So car owners be sure to tell your drivers to say they made a mistake or it was a racin deal because they were racin so hard. This seems to be acceptable regardless of the consequences.
4 Likes: flatout18, Jim Halpert, mowerman, TheLip2
TheLip2 (Offline)
  #96 8/27/12 4:59 PM
Originally Posted by unclebuck20:
What is truly sad that too many people are making judgement calls of what Levi Jones did or did not do that weren't at the race. Especially the genius that stated that Levi has no regard for his or anybody elses equipment. I was there, I do not believe his intention was to wreck anybody, but he did ,aren't we fortunate that nobody else makes mistakes.
A person did not have to be at that race to state that Levi Jones has no regard for his or anyone else's equipment. Is it impossible for someone that has seen hundreds of races he has driven to form a subjective opinion based on what he has saw in the past and not so distant past? When multiple people on here post that they personally heard him strongly imply that he was paying Jon back for the lap before and those people also all stated that other people were witness and within earshot and heard him say it. The preponderance of evidence is very strong.

I strongly feel that USAC has the ability to get to the truth and facts of the incident, but the question is whether they will make that effort or not. They may not want to know, therefore they may make little effort. I don't know what they will or won't do, but a reasoning man would think that they could get to the truth if they wanted it, in this particular case. On the surface at least there appears to be strong evidence against Levi IN THIS INCIDENT. Many of us have formed opinions based on previous incidents and I don't feel badly about doing so.

---------- Post added at 4:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:57 PM ----------

Originally Posted by DND:
I was there and saw it all. Levi did it intentionally or he really screwed up. Either way USAC needs to make him accountable for his actions. I have a hard time swallowing the fact that it was not intentional being the years of experience he has the fact where it happened and some of the comments he made to Jon and in the USAC court room. Levi needs to learn to shut his pie hole because when he speaks he digs himself a deeper hole. When he tells people that $200.00 fine by USAC is no problem it leads you to believe that he doesn't have any regard for his equipment or anybody else's or USAC for that matter.

So car owners be sure to tell your drivers to say they made a mistake or it was a racin deal because they were racin so hard. This seems to be acceptable regardless of the consequences.
What comments did Levi make in the USAC courtroom?
EldoraMark (Offline)
  #97 8/27/12 5:44 PM
Originally Posted by RGraves:
Good, will you ask him to get his head out of his ass next time you talk to him? Thanks

Posted via Mobile Device
I will let you tell him if you have the Balls to do it, or are you one that going to stay hidden behind your computer.
Claybird33 (Offline)
  #98 8/27/12 6:10 PM
From USAC's Website

PENALTIES IMPOSED FROM SATURDAY AT KOKOMO

Officials of The United States Auto Club announced today penalties imposed after a racing incident involving the cars of Levi Jones and Jon Stanbrough during a weekend racing event at Kokomo Speedway.

Series officials spoke today with both drivers involved in the initial contact which led to additional cars being collected. Additionally, numerous sources were called upon including attending officials, eyewitness accounts, and track officials. Due to on-track contact deemed to be avoidable and producing a dangerous situation for fellow competitors, Jones will be penalized for these violations as outlined in 10.28 of competition rules.

Jones will be placed under probation for the balance of the National Sprint Car season, with the understanding that further infractions could lead to more severe punishment. Also, Jones and his team will be docked 25 championship points going into the next series’ event at Tri-City Speedway in Pontoon Beach, Illinois this Friday, August 31st.

Clay Franklin
10 Likes: bighd0522, BrandonT30, burris7555, Charles Nungester, cws9, interpreter66, mowerman, sc17x, SlingShock, VSneader2
cws9 (Offline)
  #99 8/27/12 6:32 PM
USAC did what they had to do. I commend them for that. They set the precedence earlier in the season and stuck with it. Good for them.
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #100 8/27/12 6:46 PM
Tune in next week.............

Charles Nungester
Closed Thread