IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Dave Rudisell (Offline)
  #1 4/29/12 4:03 PM
Ok folks, here is the deal, i wish i could make everyone involved happy, but i know that's not going to happen. So here is what we are doing.
Sprint and Modified feature will be held on May 12th. We will have hot laps and then run the features from the rainout. The sprints will race for 20 laps and the mods will be 15. I understand that there will be some teams that can't make it that night. So....and driver who can't make it back for the makeup feature will get $100, and for the modified teams will get $50. I thank you all for coming and racing with us last night and i am very very very sorry if you can't make it back for the make-up race, but we had to make a decision based on our schedule and special events coming up.
Also, The Purestock feature will be on May 19th.
Thanks, Dave Rudisell
18 Likes: cowboyhar69, dkdorkboy, Drtchsr, FishBurger, Gregg, IndyBound, mowerman, Mud Packer, PJ Wright, RichH, ronmil, smith19, spicoli, SprintManDave, throb, tim kelley, Tim Watson
Dick Monahan (Offline)
  #2 4/29/12 4:44 PM
I've been going to races for 60 years and this is the first time I've heard of a track paying someone who doesn't show for a makeup race. It sure never happened while I was on a crew (over 20 years) or a club official (another 25 years). Amazing.
5 Likes: Charles Nungester, dusty tracks, IndyBound, Mud Packer, SprintManDave
kawkaw2 (Offline)
  #3 4/29/12 7:48 PM
So are the general admission wristbands still good for a future race per the rainout policy?
Dave Rudisell (Offline)
  #4 4/29/12 8:52 PM
Yes General Admission armbands are good, Pit armbands are not. Thanks
cshuman (Offline)
  #5 4/29/12 11:13 PM
As respectfully as I can ask, why did you decide not to reschedule next week when all but 1 or 2 guys would be back for the MSCS show? Scheduling the 12th will take at least 10 cars away from that make up feature, not to mention from the regular program that night.. Not trying to stir the pot, just asking what was behind the decision.

Posted via Mobile Device
3 Likes: AustinSprinter, jcramer, Jrp4554
Dave Rudisell (Offline)
  #6 4/29/12 11:25 PM
we did'nt want to interfere with the MSCS Show. That opens up a whole can of worms if we did that. I can see your point from your side Casey.
TheLip2 (Offline)
  #7 4/29/12 11:31 PM
On a somewhat seperate note I was wondering if there were any intentions of rescheduling the USAC race. There were media reports that indicated that you were trying to reschedule the race. Will you give us an update on whether the race will be rescheduled and if not why?
cshuman (Offline)
  #8 4/30/12 12:16 AM
I guess I struggle to see what the can of worms would be with the MSCS show, other then we would all be there? Just a pretty big group of guys that hauled from one rain out, to try and support the show you were putting on, only to get wet again, and now won't get the opportunity to make it up

Posted via Mobile Device
3 Likes: AustinSprinter, Jrp4554, kawkaw2
dkdorkboy (Offline)
  #9 4/30/12 5:45 AM
Why couldn't you run the MSCS show and run the makeup features after completing that show?Just askin
Dave Rudisell (Offline)
  #10 4/30/12 7:06 AM
Originally Posted by TheLip2:
On a somewhat seperate note I was wondering if there were any intentions of rescheduling the USAC race. There were media reports that indicated that you were trying to reschedule the race. Will you give us an update on whether the race will be rescheduled and if not why?
USAC and us tried to have a makeup race and with USAC schedule full already there was not a date that would work out.