IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #1 4/24/13 12:46 PM
Just wondering what most think about some of the cars out there, On wrapped cars I particularly have a hard time seeing sponsors names and even numbers on cars. Expecially if its a green and black and blue and black scheme.

Thoughts? Example pics?

Chuck, who personally preffers a good paint and stripping job but thats just me.

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: speed bump, Wayne Davis
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #2 4/24/13 1:12 PM
Wraps are cool! If you can afford them.......If not, I love flat black or all white race cars!
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #3 4/24/13 1:27 PM
I've designed a few wraps. Mainly for commercial vehicles. I'm not a huge fan of wrapping race cars. I always thought its better for guys to spend that money on spares rather than something that "looks" nice. If the car is sitting in victory lane it's the best looking car at the track.

Posted via Mobile Device

11 Likes: Bradleyracing86, BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, fasterthanu, jim goerge, K9Racer, mowerman, Mud Packer, rightrear, Ty
nathan48moore (Offline)
  #4 4/24/13 1:33 PM
Vinyl is more convenient. Paint gives a car more character. But teams carry multiple cars and wrapping is more logical in that case.

Posted via Mobile Device
mud goodsleeve (Offline)
  #5 4/24/13 2:00 PM
NOTHING COMPARES to a hand lettered car!
16 Likes: addictedtodirt, Charles Nungester, cowboyhar69, davidm, flatout18, interpreter66, jim goerge, Koonzee, Lewis1585, minisprinter, monkeyboy, PAW, racenut69, smith19, UberKuhlMan
HARFprez (Offline)
  #6 4/24/13 2:29 PM
Always my favorite is the duct tape number on the tail tank. A sure sign of class, but as they say, necessity is the mother of invention. bob
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, dirt330
hoosierhillbilly (Offline)
  #7 4/24/13 3:27 PM
I personally find wraps to busy. I like simple paint schemes. The are classic.

On my rc cars, I use electrical tape for numbers. There is alway a car at the track with a taped number. It is just something you have to have at a dirt track.

Posted via Mobile Device

Number three; You have the right to free speech; As long as You're not dumb enough to actually try it —The Clash
2 Likes: Charles Nungester, mud goodsleeve
HardyBoysRacing (Offline)
  #8 4/24/13 3:57 PM
Our cars have nice paint, viper red, and vinyl numbers and lettering, but not a wrap. I think the more simple and the nicer the paint the better.

Posted via Mobile Device
2 Likes: mud goodsleeve
Hamby812 (Offline)
  #9 4/24/13 4:12 PM
Depending on what you get, factoring in supplies, time, labor,etc. you get more bang for your buck in a wrap. I watched my dad hand paint several of his sprinters, it was an all day affair(if not more than 1). I've been told the 2 gents from Kbc graphix can(if need be) wrap a modified in under an hour.

Posted via Mobile Device
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #10 4/24/13 4:25 PM
Wraps are easier to put on the car where the surfaces are more curved. I use vinyl for most of the car, but have started using digital type graphics like are used for a wrap on some of our decals. Wraps will be the only thing used in another 5 years or so. They are the wave of the future. Everything changes over time for the good or the bad.

Posted via Mobile Device