IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thoughts and prayers for Stan Beadles
9/20/20, 8:40 PM   #11
Re: Thoughts and prayers for Stan Beadles
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

Thanks for the link. Stay strong Stan, praying for full recovery.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, luckybuc97, ryan84
9/20/20, 10:18 PM   #12
BigWheel7

Race Count This Year: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan84 View Post
I can honestly say that every second felt like a minute. I made my 8 year old son turn away and many of was just hollering someone get him out. Thank God it wasn't worse, I honestly got an instant sick feeling in my stomach and thought he wasn't going to make it out of the car. I nerved up and watched the Flo replay today, and he wasn't in the car as long as it seemed being there live at the track on the back stretch. Also the video doesn't do justice of how bad that accident was live and in person. We should all be thankful Stan is still here with us, and pray for a speedy and as pain free recovery he can have.
I had that same feeling. It felt like he was in the car for several minutes. The replay on Flo hides the severity due to the flag stand. The way Stan just kind of rolled out of the car was eerie. Here’s to hoping for a quick recovery and for Stan to take a quickly.

5 members like this post: jim goerge, luckybuc97, oppweld, racinrich, WinglessLovers
9/20/20, 10:22 PM   #13
JordanBlanton

My thoughts are with Stan. Sheet-time sucks for a racer; here’s hoping for a speedy recovery.

1 member likes this post: oppweld
9/21/20, 6:31 PM   #14
Big Willy

Although it did seem to take some time for the safety crew to get there in real time, the reality is it was just over 8 seconds until the first extinguisher was activated. I thank God if this had to happen, that it did at TSS as many tracks don't have the personnel at the ready in the infield. Even so, if Stan had been knocked unconscious, this too could have been even worse. Tracks need to take notice and develop plans for fire rescue if they don't have a rescue team on stand-by now.

9/21/20, 7:49 PM   #15
treecitytornado

Big Willy,exactly!! We all remember what happened to one of my All-time heroes, Doug Wolfgang, at Kansas City in 1992!! If it wasn't for Mark Kinser & Steve Beitler, Doug, may have lost his life!!

All Tracks need great Fire Protection for Drivers!! 😉 Thankfully Tommy,makes sure Haubstadt has great people, Lawrenceburg has great fire & driver extraction capabilities, with Bobby Gompf & his team, Eldora, Terre Haute, etc.

3 members like this post: Agentry10, jim goerge, luckybuc97
9/21/20, 9:12 PM   #16
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

Good to see the Go Fund Me raising some money to help. Please give what you can even if it’s $5. It all adds up and and I’m sure the family will appreciate it. Let’s show how great we support this sport we love and all the people that make it possible.

9/22/20, 4:19 AM   #17
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Addressing the part failure,hopefully someone in looking at the situation and can come up with a solution to prevent future occurrences

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, luckybuc97
9/22/20, 6:51 AM   #18
luckybuc97

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 11

Wolfie Value, but something else happened here Abe..

2 members like this post: jim goerge, opnwhlmnd
9/22/20, 7:17 AM   #19
luckybuc97

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckybuc97 View Post
Wolfie Value, but something else happened here Abe..
I’m sorry,we should have not got off the topic and not able to delete, my thoughts and prayers are still with Stan and his family, I’m glad that we’re getting updates from Samantha and the track. Speedy recovery Stan!!

3 members like this post: jim goerge, LUCKYONE, mc/rider
9/22/20, 5:07 PM   #20
treecitytornado

It's not off Topic, Rick. It was talking about Sprint Car Racers & Track Fire Safety!! My thoughts and prayers are definitely with Stan & his wife,too.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, luckybuc97
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thoughts and prayers for Stan Beadles