IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thoughts and prayers for Stan Beadles
9/20/20, 12:42 PM   #1
Thoughts and prayers for Stan Beadles
openwheelfan1

Positive thoughts and prayers for full healing for Stan Beadles after his accident at Tri-State Speedway in heat 1 last night at the Haubstadt Hustler. I've attended sprint car races for about 55 years, and that was one of the worst fires I've seen. Although injured, thankful his injuries weren't worse.

9/20/20, 1:18 PM   #2
Re: Thoughts and prayers for Stan Beadles
Jerry Shaw

I know. I've been watching races just about as long as you have and that was one of the most terrifying things I've ever seen at a race track. Hell, anywhere for that matter. And like a lot of people, the severity of the cockpit fire and the speed at which it all unfolded, brought me to tears. Because it looked so much like we were going to see an even worse result. And it was all happening to one of the track's most beloved drivers. Thank God Stan Beadles made it through that. His wife, modified driver Samantha Beadles, has been updating his condition and progress on her Facebook page. It's a good place to go if you want to see how he's doing.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

9/20/20, 1:43 PM   #3
Sausage

Thanks for the update, checked her facebook and left prayers.

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge
9/20/20, 3:33 PM   #4
ryan84

I can honestly say that every second felt like a minute. I made my 8 year old son turn away and many of was just hollering someone get him out. Thank God it wasn't worse, I honestly got an instant sick feeling in my stomach and thought he wasn't going to make it out of the car. I nerved up and watched the Flo replay today, and he wasn't in the car as long as it seemed being there live at the track on the back stretch. Also the video doesn't do justice of how bad that accident was live and in person. We should all be thankful Stan is still here with us, and pray for a speedy and as pain free recovery he can have.

9/20/20, 4:23 PM   #5
luckybuc97

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan84 View Post
I can honestly say that every second felt like a minute. I made my 8 year old son turn away and many of was just hollering someone get him out. Thank God it wasn't worse, I honestly got an instant sick feeling in my stomach and thought he wasn't going to make it out of the car. I nerved up and watched the Flo replay today, and he wasn't in the car as long as it seemed being there live at the track on the back stretch. Also the video doesn't do justice of how bad that accident was live and in person. We should all be thankful Stan is still here with us, and pray for a speedy and as pain free recovery he can have.

I got the same feeling and sending my thoughts and prayers. Samantha just gave a Sunday update on Facebook and it sounds much better than last night. 🏁

9/20/20, 4:26 PM   #6
dirtnonwingfan

A Go Fund Me account has been set up. Lets all help him and his family out. A link is on several Facebook pages, including mine.

4 members like this post: jim goerge, JustAddDirt69, luckybuc97, oppweld
9/20/20, 5:12 PM   #7
Charles Nungester

Race Count Last Year: 14

Wasn't there, but looked really bad. Prayers.

Also shout out to To Helfich with the water truck. The foam was working it was needed and needed again in the infield when the car torched again.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, JustAddDirt69
9/20/20, 6:13 PM   #8
GickSpeed

Please post the link to the Go Fund Me account . Thanks.

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
9/20/20, 6:16 PM   #9
Rpracing1

Prob worse I’ve ever seen. Thanks to the TSS Fire Crew and EMT’s for their quick response. Get well soon Stan!

2 members like this post: jim goerge, rapid robert
9/20/20, 7:07 PM   #10
Dougherty20

https://www.gofundme.com/f/stan-bead...m_medium=email

4 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, dirtnonwingfan, EBookerFan, jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thoughts and prayers for Stan Beadles