IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Tony Barhorst (Offline)
  #1 9/10/10 3:46 PM
I have been mulling over an idea the past two weeks in regard to inviting the 1000 cc Mini sprints to compete both days indoors at Fort Wayne. I am looking to see how much interest their is from teams and fans.

They would run on dirt tires as the 600s do to save $$
The 1000 cc would run non winged. The 600s will keep the wing.
I would have them compete for a regular purse on Dec. 31, and then pay $1,000 to win on Jan 1.

Entry fees are $60 a day, annd pit passes are $55. The entry fee is needed because of the high rent and cost to produce an indoor event.

We will have an early optional load in and practice on Thursday Dec 30 starting at 2:00 pm with load in.

If we could have a minimum of 20 cars enter, we may possibly add them to our event. How many are interested?

You can e-mail me at tbracefest@aol.com if you have any private questions or comments.

Thanks,
Tony Barhorst

Follow the Rumble Racing Series on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...2124299?ref=ts

We have racers rate hotels. Here is more information:

Next Ft. Wayne Dates To Ring In The New Year

Fort. Wayne, Indiana- The final decision on the dates for the next Rumble In Fort Wayne. In keeping with the theme.."Racing's Holiday Season Party", the dates will be New Years Eve. Dec 31, 2010 and New Years Day, Jan 1, 2011.

Rumble Series president Tony Barhorst said that "these are the only open dates on the weekend for the next edition of the race. I want teams and to be able to travel without having to do so during the week. The schedule is being made up to make the event even more fun than before. We want the schedule to end at 9:30 or 10 P.M to enable fans and teams to be able to enjoy their hotel on the holiday more, and make it more of a festive atmosphere than ever."

" I have studied the hotel situation, and there WILL be plenty of open rooms for New Years Eve.I do recommend that people who want the same hotel as in the past , make your resevations now in order to insure you get the location you want. Fans and teams should not worry about a lack of rooms. Fort Wayne is known for it's numerous hotels, restaurants, and nightclubs, so fans will have plenty of choices. There is also a good chance we will have a Party In The Pits on New Years Eve."

HOST HOTEL INFORMATION

FT. WAYNE MARRIOTT HOTEL-305 E. Washington Center Road - Ft. Wayne, IN

(260) 484-0411 ( ask for the racer’s rate)-Thursday, December 30, 2010 -$65.00 plus tax- Friday, December 31, 2010 = $99.00 plus tax,· Saturday, January 1, 2011 = $65 plus tax (same as last year), Sunday, January 2, 2011 = $65 plus tax (same as last year)

DON HALL’S GUESTHOUSE- 1313 W. Washington Center Road - Ft. Wayne, IN(260) 489-2524 (racer’s rates) $59.00 PLUS TAX on December 30 and January 1and 2. The rate for December 31 is $99.00 PLUS TAX for a room

Red Roof Inn- 2920 Goshen Rd, Ft Wayne- 260-484-8641-Traveling on I-69: Exit at US 30/33, Exit 109-A. Travel East SR 69 through the 1st traffic light, and the Inn is on the left side just S of Coliseum Blvd. Use code b008 for the racers rate of $39.99 + taxes on doubles( good before Nov. 30.- After Nov. 30- $45.99 + tax- truck parking

Motel 6- 3003 West Coliseum Blvd, Ft. Wayne- Reg. rate- $29.99 + taxes for single- $35.99 + taxes double- 260-482-3972- truck parking

COLISEUM HOLIDAY INN - across the street from the Memorial Coliseum 1-800-HOLIDAY, group code IMA (racer’s rate Dec. 30 and Jan 1- $90.06, Dec. 31 New years Eve- $147.06 taxes included ), shuttle service, complimentary cont. breakfast

Note: The these rates allow as many as 4 in a double room.
slide22 (Offline)
  #2 9/10/10 4:10 PM
Originally Posted by Tony Barhorst:
I have been mulling over an idea the past two weeks in regard to inviting the 1000 cc Mini sprints to compete both days indoors at Fort Wayne. I am looking to see how much interest their is from teams and fans.

They would run on dirt tires as the 600s do to save $$
The 1000 cc would run non winged. The 600s will keep the wing.
I would have them compete for a regular purse on Dec. 31, and then pay $1,000 to win on Jan 1.

Entry fees are $60 a day, annd pit passes are $55. The entry fee is needed because of the high rent and cost to produce an indoor event.

We will have an early optional load in and practice on Thursday Dec 30 starting at 2:00 pm with load in.

If we could have a minimum of 20 cars enter, we may possibly add them to our event. How many are interested?

You can e-mail me at tbracefest@aol.com if you have any private questions or comments.

Thanks,
Tony Barhorst

Follow the Rumble Racing Series on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...2124299?ref=ts

We have racers rate hotels. Here is more information:

Next Ft. Wayne Dates To Ring In The New Year

Fort. Wayne, Indiana- The final decision on the dates for the next Rumble In Fort Wayne. In keeping with the theme.."Racing's Holiday Season Party", the dates will be New Years Eve. Dec 31, 2010 and New Years Day, Jan 1, 2011.

Rumble Series president Tony Barhorst said that "these are the only open dates on the weekend for the next edition of the race. I want teams and to be able to travel without having to do so during the week. The schedule is being made up to make the event even more fun than before. We want the schedule to end at 9:30 or 10 P.M to enable fans and teams to be able to enjoy their hotel on the holiday more, and make it more of a festive atmosphere than ever."

" I have studied the hotel situation, and there WILL be plenty of open rooms for New Years Eve.I do recommend that people who want the same hotel as in the past , make your resevations now in order to insure you get the location you want. Fans and teams should not worry about a lack of rooms. Fort Wayne is known for it's numerous hotels, restaurants, and nightclubs, so fans will have plenty of choices. There is also a good chance we will have a Party In The Pits on New Years Eve."

HOST HOTEL INFORMATION

FT. WAYNE MARRIOTT HOTEL-305 E. Washington Center Road - Ft. Wayne, IN

(260) 484-0411 ( ask for the racer’s rate)-Thursday, December 30, 2010 -$65.00 plus tax- Friday, December 31, 2010 = $99.00 plus tax,· Saturday, January 1, 2011 = $65 plus tax (same as last year), Sunday, January 2, 2011 = $65 plus tax (same as last year)

DON HALL’S GUESTHOUSE- 1313 W. Washington Center Road - Ft. Wayne, IN(260) 489-2524 (racer’s rates) $59.00 PLUS TAX on December 30 and January 1and 2. The rate for December 31 is $99.00 PLUS TAX for a room

Red Roof Inn- 2920 Goshen Rd, Ft Wayne- 260-484-8641-Traveling on I-69: Exit at US 30/33, Exit 109-A. Travel East SR 69 through the 1st traffic light, and the Inn is on the left side just S of Coliseum Blvd. Use code b008 for the racers rate of $39.99 + taxes on doubles( good before Nov. 30.- After Nov. 30- $45.99 + tax- truck parking

Motel 6- 3003 West Coliseum Blvd, Ft. Wayne- Reg. rate- $29.99 + taxes for single- $35.99 + taxes double- 260-482-3972- truck parking

COLISEUM HOLIDAY INN - across the street from the Memorial Coliseum 1-800-HOLIDAY, group code IMA (racer’s rate Dec. 30 and Jan 1- $90.06, Dec. 31 New years Eve- $147.06 taxes included ), shuttle service, complimentary cont. breakfast

Note: The these rates allow as many as 4 in a double room.

I would say pass on this, many of us will be going to Oklahoma for the Tulsa Shootout.. maybe if the rumble was during a different time.
big d (Offline)
  #3 9/10/10 5:36 PM
just thought id add,,,how bout the tqs,,they mite be interested and in the past they have been good and had a decent car count,, and its been a long time since they have been invited to race there... how bout it tony??
garry47 (Offline)
  #4 9/10/10 8:02 PM
i would probably come. know of 2 or 3 more cars that would too
addictedtodirt (Offline)
  #5 9/10/10 8:44 PM
The rumble is a great event in the middle of winter. I welcome the diversification. One of the great things about the rumble is exposing race fans to new series n cars. As a fan I say bring it on. A great way to cap off the holidays n wet ones whistle for the chilli bowl. See u in fort fun and OK
Posted via Mobile Device
Bradleyracing86 (Offline)
  #6 9/10/10 9:08 PM
Although many will make the trip to capture the ellusive driller, I think our cars will be in Ft, Wayne. Mr. B there is plenty of cars to fill both events. It's just nice to see that the sport is growing enough to support these big name shows.
Will we be wingless?
Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

We got three cars, and I'm sure our southern teamates and some cars around here would be interested.
Posted via Mobile Device
tqracer65 (Offline)
  #7 9/10/10 9:54 PM
Why not run the 1000s with the midgets not much different then the kenyons really just adapt the rules as needed maybe just a thought would make the show a lot more exciting with more cars and tqs would be good and put on a good show everytime I have saw them on the indoor stuff.
badgersx (Offline)
  #8 9/10/10 10:08 PM
Im sure getting 20 minis wouldnt be difficult. I havent decided yet if were going to OK or IN or staying home.
KKinser99 (Offline)
  #9 9/12/10 1:42 PM
let them run with midgets and I know of cars that will come.
tqracer65 (Offline)
  #10 9/12/10 2:06 PM
let them run with the midgets and take the purse money that was going to be used for the 1000s and add it to the midget purse