IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
midgy (Offline)
  #1 2/4/13 6:49 PM
From his Facebook. Please send him your prayers.

Jason Soudrette

It is with a heavy heart that I must inform everyone that I cannot participate in the 2013 racing season. As many of you know, I have battled a bone marrow disease defined as MDS since 2010. I was informed on Wed. that the disease has progressed into Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML). The doctors want to attack this cancer as soon as possible with extensive chemo treatments starting this Fri. I will need to spend the next 4 weeks at University of Cincinnati Hospital. In the meantime, the doctors will coordinate a bone marrow transplant that will start soon after this initial treatment. The road ahead of me is definitely going to be an uphill battle, but I will overcome this hurdle and return to racing.

Posted via Mobile Device
35 Likes: addictedtodirt, chasinracin2, dirt330, dirtball, Gregg, i love dirt track racing, IndyBound, jerrythar500, jim goerge, Jrp4554, kcarm92, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, mod4s, mtek56, Mud Packer, Puppy, racefan20, racegal, racephoto1, robert gatten, ronmil, Russ, scooter99, SCOTT M, smith19, Speedracer, SpfldMile, SprintManDave, tamale wagon, UpOnDaCushion, wallbanger II, wilkey118, Will Shunk
big d (Offline)
  #2 2/4/13 7:20 PM
jason,,hey go gettem fellow racer,,we all hope you the best,,my family as well as all racing families will pray for you and will be thinkin of you daily in your tough batter ahead,as we all race give this hard charger a though and hope him all the best,,,,,,,,,,,,, don e td motorsports
2 Likes: i love dirt track racing, smith19
race 42 (Offline)
  #3 2/4/13 9:00 PM
jason that sucks if i can help in eney way please let me no will miss u at the burg it wont be the same racing with out u see u soon
racegal (Offline)
  #4 2/4/13 9:15 PM
I will be praying for you! Get well!

DD FAN-atic!! Susan St. Catherine
God bless America and our troops
Bad Dad 54 (Offline)
  #5 2/4/13 9:24 PM
Have entered you on 5 prayer list Jason, it's my prayer you pull through on this. My wife has beat cancer twice now I just beat it myself. I hope you have a good support group to help you through this, we did. Keep us updated here will you, I'd like to know how you do. Maybe I'll see you at the Fremont NW race
Joe Kidd (Offline)
  #6 2/4/13 9:28 PM
I have been a bone marrow donor for some 15 + years. Even though I have not been matched to someone I would have done it in a heartbeat. But now at my age I can not be a donor anymore. I would encourage people to consider being a donor. You never know who may need it. Prayers to the Soudrette family
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, dirtball, FishBurger, PJ Wright
Sprint car fan (Offline)
  #7 2/4/13 9:32 PM
Hope you get feeling better soon and can get back to the track, in my thoughts and prayers

Posted via Mobile Device
IndyBound (Offline)
  #8 2/4/13 9:48 PM
Jason, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Patti
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #9 2/4/13 10:00 PM
Prayer said for one of the good guys in racing.
mud goodsleeve (Offline)
  #10 2/8/13 11:00 AM
Jason begins his treatments today, please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. He has a battle ahead of him but with our love and support He with beat cancers A$$ and be back in full action.
8 Likes: BrentTFunk, EPSpeed, FishBurger, luckybuc97, Mud Packer, Russ, smith19, Sprint car fan