IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Cali tracks
7/22/10, 4:27 PM   #1
Cali tracks
onthegas7j

Race Count This Year: 48
Race Count Last Year: 31

any where to catch a show within like n hour of 29 Palms, Yucca Valley area... I'm out here at 29 stumps for a couple weeks for some training stuff, tryin to sneak off

7/22/10, 4:37 PM   #2
Re: Cali tracks
Ovalmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthegas7j View Post
any where to catch a show within like n hour of 29 Palms, Yucca Valley area... I'm out here at 29 stumps for a couple weeks for some training stuff, tryin to sneak off
Bummer, I think the sprinters are off this week at the PAS. Good show there on the 31st if you're still gonna be out there? Google their website for schedule/directions.
David.

7/22/10, 4:44 PM   #3
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthegas7j View Post
Perris would probably be the closest to The Stumps, Marine. I wish that track was around when I was stationed at that God-forsaken hell hole.

I think it says they'll be running California Lightning Sprints on the card. I don't know how that class is compared to USAC/CRA, but at least it's still sprint cars.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

7/22/10, 5:00 PM   #4
gkaz

29 palms is about 1 1/2 hours away from the PAS if you can catch the show on the 31st it ought to be a good one lighting sprints arent bad but definetly not 410s if youre there for the 31st come early and look for the PAS crew in the parking lot there will be a cold beverage waiting for you hope to see you there Victorville is running on the 24th might not be a great car count but its a wicked fast little bullring about the same distance to V.V. Greg Kaz

7/22/10, 5:20 PM   #5
Ovalmeister

When I lived out west the California Lightning sprints were winged 1200cc upright mini sprints. Not sure now?
David.

7/22/10, 5:22 PM   #6
Kevracer58

Victorville is about an hour and half from 29 Palms, they show sprint cars on the schedule for Saturday night 7/24/10. Track phone: Mike Gibson (760) 403-4144

7/22/10, 5:38 PM   #7
dant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkaz View Post
29 palms is about 1 1/2 hours away from the PAS if you can catch the show on the 31st it ought to be a good one lighting sprints arent bad but definetly not 410s if youre there for the 31st come early and look for the PAS crew in the parking lot there will be a cold beverage waiting for you hope to see you there Victorville is running on the 24th might not be a great car count but its a wicked fast little bullring about the same distance to V.V. Greg Kaz
What the heck..Victorville had 21 cars last race...the winner edged out 2nd by like .004 of a second at flagstand ,in traffic....sprint car mains are first.usually over by 7:30 and $10 general admission...plus the drama of can 'Cardey' do 3 in a row atVV.....only a fool would sit this one out...I15 to Roy Rogers exit..then roll your window down-half the racers run without mufflers-nothing like the sound of a open pipe 410 pulling hard coming of the corner-front tires clawing in the air....oh yah!

7/22/10, 5:51 PM   #8
onthegas7j

Race Count This Year: 48
Race Count Last Year: 31

so i guess its to victorville we go for this weekend... cant miss my shot to see Dave go for 3 in a row... think the diva's will be there?

7/22/10, 6:01 PM   #9
dant

Bet money on it...and it's bikini top and short shorts weather [for the ladies only please]...consider buying a pit pass-the pits are real laid back

7/22/10, 6:40 PM   #10
HinesFan

The California Lightning Sprints are 1200cc upright mini-sprints that run winged and non-wing. Our home track is The PAS. Good luck to Brent Sexton who will be piloting my #11 Henchcraft for the next few races while I am out to sea doing this Navy thing!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Cali tracks