IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > burg
4/18/10, 12:30 PM   #11
Re: burg
Motormasher

Whats the story on 3 wheels for Ballou? He is a dam good driver fun to watch.

1 member likes this post: JBallou
4/18/10, 12:47 PM   #12
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormasher View Post
On about lap 2 or 3 left front went down then came off and was hanging on the rim the rest of the race, he was fast, if the tire hadn't come off he would have won, the last caution put him back a few spots if not for that he had 2nd he was driving the wheels off the car
Last edited by DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE; 4/18/10 at 12:49 PM.

4/18/10, 1:54 PM   #13
REH24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlydirt View Post
No props to Mowerman yet? That was the second best show of the night behind Ballou!! I was terrified when Mowerman began removing his sweatshirt ...

Mowerman told me a while ago he would refund my ticket if I didnt think the Burg was worth the trip. Him dancing out there in front of everybody for some Budweiser was worth the trip.

Anyone got it on video? Mills?
For real that was the Mowerman up on stage dancing and won the beer beating out the girl.

Good show Robert Ballou. What was wrong with Darland's car?

Have to give hats off to the mod's they put on a good show also.

REH

4/18/10, 2:21 PM   #14
Jerry Shaw

I don't think anybody would have had anything for JCJ, no matter what the circumstance may have been. He was on it. He was flyin'. And as Montgomery-Gentry would say, he was "Gone".

With that said, as most others here have stated, Robert Ballou was the show, last night. I can't remember too many drivers EVER who would just walk into these big, fast joints that bite people hard and just show them no respect whatsoever, as does Robert. Battling for positions within the top 5, lap after lap, with no front left tire, is the kid of stuff people will talk about for years. And other than that, many of the races best battles involved the #81 car. Not the least of which was the one between he and Damion Gardner. The best of the race, IMO.

Chris Windom also put on quite a show. And considering that he was at the very top of the sport, before his injury last year, everybody who buys a ticket will be a beneficiary of him being back at the top of his game. Same for Jon Stanbrough. He and that team have definitely made a statement this weekend. And that is that they're ready to play ball again. And when that happens, it makes everybody raise their standard, in order to compete.

Mother Nature has laid down a challenge this weekend. And that is "Let's find out how many of you are REAL race fans." And from what I've seen, the answer has been "No fair weather fans here in Indiana."
Now, on to what should be the best race of the weekend.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 4/18/10 at 2:25 PM.

4/18/10, 3:00 PM   #15
Wingman

Congrats to Cooooooooooons jr. I was very impressed with Henry Clark last night eventhough he flipped late. He and stanbrough had a heckuva battle middle part of the race.

4/18/10, 4:18 PM   #16
Ricks Pics

4 members like this post: ColoradoFan, JBallou, mnnonwing, Sprint63122
4/18/10, 5:15 PM   #17
davidlyons

Getting ready to head to Kokomo.

A few thoughts from last night.
Agreed Coons Jr. Would not have been passed. He was really FAST!
Ballou was exciting as always in spite of the tire deal, but Coons Jr. had him covered.

For my money though, Windom was the show. He started back around 10th, and worked his way to second. Good to see him back 100%.

Let's give that Grant kid a shout out. He started WAY back (18?) and drove his way to 9th, passing for the spots. Not sure but that might have been his first trip to the 'burg?

Kokomo should be exciting!!!

Dave

4/18/10, 5:21 PM   #18
SPRINTCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormasher View Post
Damion Gardner did get into Ballou and the tire went down. Racing deal and Damion went backwards from that point on.

4/18/10, 8:25 PM   #19
mnnonwing

Wow I can't believe ballou hung on with that rim tacoed like that...

4/19/10, 8:30 PM   #20
sprinthead

Crap I forgot to mention Windom too. He was strong all weekend!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > burg