IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Montpelier Motor Speedway hosts its inaugural USAC race Saturday April 17
4/15/10, 10:05 AM   #11
Re: Montpelier Motor Speedway hosts its inaugural USAC race Saturday April 17
USAC Developmental

First thank you to Montpelier Motor Speedway for hosting the USAC Midwest Ford Focus Series this weekend. We are excited about the Ford Focus Series making its debut at the facility.

The race will be night #2 for the Midwest Ford Focus series this weekend. The series will kick start its 2k10 Dirt Schedule Friday night at Gas City along with the USAC Amsoil Sprint Cars.

I think folks will be surprised by the car count this weekend. The Focus series is starting to gain momentum and new cars are being built as we speak. Look for us to expand the dirt series even more in the near future.

If anyone has any questions on the Ford Focus Series feel free to call the USAC office at 317-247-5151.

4/15/10, 4:34 PM   #12
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyhines View Post
Not trying to hijack the thread, but I believe with the guaranteed money and a 3 day weekend (Gas City, Mont., & Danville); there will be 20 crates at each track. Also, there are no crate races down here that weekend.
Jeremy, you may be the only one that would come. I just don't have much faith in Bechelli's ICS series. If it was the ILMS, maybe more than 10, but not anywhere near a full 20 car field. Most of the guys from southern Indiana refused to support the crate races up here when Montpelier scheduled them 3 weeks in a row in 2008. And all of those races were co-sanctioned by the ICS and what was then the StormPay Series. They didn't have more than 8 cars at any of those races with the exact same purse as this year. I'm not trying to sound negative, but from everything I have seen, most of those guys (not including you) don't step very far off their porch.

4/16/10, 12:39 AM   #13
raceofficial47348

I do believe it is two Crate series the ICS and an another one from Michigan.

4/18/10, 2:05 PM   #14
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by raceofficial47348 View Post
I do believe it is two Crate series the ICS and an another one from Michigan.
I already mentioned this on 4m but I'll add my thoughts here. I didn't think there was a touring series of crates in Michigan. I know they raced crates at I-96 last year, but they're dropping the crate only class in favor of UMP late models. The crates can still race with them with a weight break. In my opinion, that's what should be done with this summertime classic. Open it up to all late models and give crates a weight break. I think the ICS already does that quite a bit with Union County, so both series involved are obviously open to doing that.

4/18/10, 7:57 PM   #15
USAC Developmental

Thanks to the Montpelier Motor Speedway for the opportunity to race the Ford Focus Series last night. We look forward to our return in August.

The feature race was very exciting with a last lap pass for the win and the top 3 drivers three wide coming off turn #4.

Congrats to Joe Liguori on sweeping both the Gas City and Montpelier USAC Ford Focus races.
Last edited by USAC Developmental; 6/6/10 at 11:08 AM.

4/18/10, 9:00 PM   #16
BrianBSU23

The Ford Focus Midgets put on an excellent feature. I was impressed with the series overall. I hope it continues to grow.

Full size midgets at this track are incredible. I'm looking foward to the August date along with the American Midget car tour date on June 4.

4/19/10, 5:01 PM   #17
Hustlin-Hoosier

Race Count Last Year: 22

How many Ford Focus cars did they have ? Raced a TQ up there years ago. really liked the track.

4/19/10, 5:38 PM   #18
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlin-Hoosier View Post
How many Ford Focus cars did they have ? Raced a TQ up there years ago. really liked the track.
10 cars.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Montpelier Motor Speedway hosts its inaugural USAC race Saturday April 17