IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > We値l see tomorrow
5/16/23, 9:42 PM   #21
dsc1600

This is the problem with Wayne County, total dust bowl with 25 cars on it.

1 member likes this post: rimrider69
5/16/23, 10:20 PM   #22
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Oh my gosh the race didnt end until 10pm Eastern!!!!! Oh no what are we going to do!!!! We lost 30 minutes of sleep bc it wasn't over at 930pm Eastern!!!! Oh no!!!! WITH NO SUPPORT CLASS!!!! Oh no!!!! It wasn't done by dark, oh no!!!!

Awesome awesome race and great job to Brad, Kyle, and everyone else involved!! Another exciting race by The High Limit Series!! How about Ole Brownie!! 25th to 4th!! What a run!! Congratulations to Kyle on the win!!

Shame to see so many good drivers and talents and teams and cars destroyed!! Way to show your displeasure Hunter!! All sports including Sprint Car racing needs emotions shown!! Adds excitement!!

Thank you to all involved for another highly entertaining race and efficiently ran program!! Not every race is gonna end before dark or 930pm Eastern!!

7 members like this post: Aurora78, bighd0522, fish, Grocery Guy, JackSam40, Midget98, TQ29m
5/17/23, 8:25 AM   #23
reeserx

Feature was pretty good, lots of drama throughout the race with Haud coming through the field as well as Brian brown, marks and rico. Thought they may of had something for Larson but made a few mistakes. Lots of passing, extremely dusty, couldn稚 see much of the race on flo but that痴 just an Ohio thing. Checkers before 10pm on a weeknight with 54 cars is good enough for me.

5/17/23, 9:57 AM   #24
Re: We値l see tomorrow
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
...... They really should consider staging the cars for the a-main on the front stretch with drivers out of the cars. As a fan that is by far the preferred way.
For the loved of God, please don't. This is the absolutely worse way to start a race. A guaranteed 20-30 minutes of downtime that is not needed.

What is even worse is staging the car and then trying to do driver interviews. 90% of the drivers don't want to be interviewed and are trying their best just to end the interview as soon as they can. 70% of the interviews will have some sort of feedback/static on the wireless microphone which will cause most of the interview not to be heard.

Finally, depending on the show, some of the interviews are just silly.

Announcer "Hey Driver X, you are starting 23rd tonight, what do you have to do tonight to be up near the front"
Driver X: "Well as you know, we have a 360 and it is impossible to compete with these 410's, but the promoter is a friend of mine and he asked me to do him a favor and be field filler. I am hoping to be able to pull it into the infield before I get into any trouble."*

* Actually, interview from back in the day.

5/17/23, 10:06 AM   #25
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
For the loved of God, please don't. This is the absolutely worse way to start a race. A guaranteed 20-30 minutes of downtime that is not needed.

What is even worse is staging the car and then trying to do driver interviews. 90% of the drivers don't want to be interviewed and are trying their best just to end the interview as soon as they can. 70% of the interviews will have some sort of feedback/static on the wireless microphone which will cause most of the interview not to be heard.

Finally, depending on the show, some of the interviews are just silly.

Announcer "Hey Driver X, you are starting 23rd tonight, what do you have to do tonight to be up near the front"
Driver X: "Well as you know, we have a 360 and it is impossible to compete with these 410's, but the promoter is a friend of mine and he asked me to do him a favor and be field filler. I am hoping to be able to pull it into the infield before I get into any trouble."*

* Actually, interview from back in the day.
I can't agree with you more. . . down here in southeast Texas, it seems that they take great pains to make a show last hours longer than needed. Between far to many stock car classes (and modified classes, too for that matter). . . One track even allowed the fans on to the track when the cars were staged. . . . of course most of these tracks are closed now, and paved over. . . There is only one 1/4 mile dirt track within 100 miles of Houston now. An incredibly huge market for racing. . .and that one track still gets meager crowds.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
5/17/23, 10:15 AM   #26

Dust killed the TV broadcast. Let me rephrase, Dust/Light Source killed the TV broadcast. Never been to this track, don't know anything about it, but it will be interesting to see what Sweet has to say about the track prep. I'm sure those sprint car guys loved buzzing the track for 15min. lol. I just wonder how many no body's are going to keep showing up to mud pack for the big boys.

3 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, luckybuc97, tirespinner
5/17/23, 11:19 AM   #27
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

My biggest complaint is I went to Wayne County Ill. Thought it was odd that I was the first one there

5/17/23, 12:39 PM   #28
JJMooney

I was there. BIG crowd. I had bought an advance GA ticket through the Ticket Hoss app. By doing so, my GA ticket doubled as a pit pass. Still had to wait in line until they opened the gates at 4. I got there at 3 and the there was a long line. Took 20 minutes to get in after the gate was opened. By the time I got into the grandstand, half the seats were already taken. Then there was another long line to sign in for the pits. Long lines all night at the one concession stand too. The place can’t really handle a big crowd.

It’s obvious that Brad Sweet wanted to improve over his previous two High Limit shows this year in regards to how things were run. Last night there were no support class. The show started on time at 7, the sprint feature pushed off at 9. 54 cars. Four heats, a C-main, B-main and an A. Even though there were three reds during the main, I still pulled out of the parking lot at 10:01.

There were also a few things added this time around to make it more of a big event feel. During the national anthem a woman rode horseback around the track carrying a large American flag. That was neat. There were more fireworks. Also, there were “Ring Girls” carrying cards in front of the stands announcing each event ala boxing. Terry McCarl does this at the Front Row Challenge too.

The racing itself was really good. Once Larson got the lead, he was gone. No one was going to touch him. Although, I did think Sheldon, Rico and Justin Sanders might make a race of it if they got into heavier lapped traffic. The reds during the last ten laps kind of ruined that. Still there were some crazy moves and crazy sliders throughout the pack, the whole night, especially coming off turn two.

Yeah, it was dusty. Sitting in the stands, I couldn’t see turns three and four either. I’ve been to Wayne Co before but it had been almost 30 years. My biggest memory of the place was how dusty and dirty it was. I came prepared. Brought goggles. Fortunately, there was a breeze that blew the dust away from the stands. I didn’t really wear the track home like I had in the past.

All in all, I enjoyed the show.

5/17/23, 3:47 PM   #29
flagboy55

Good description Mooney. I give it a thumbs up other than the dust, but hey, it痴 Ohio. I personally did not miss a support class at all. And it痴 clear that the crowd didn稚 either. I do wish they could bring back Vince though. Dillon痴 partner got a little loud for me. I save my getting yelled at quota for Johnny, Blake and my wife

5/17/23, 4:25 PM   #30
The Old Coyote

Other than Eldora, I've never been to any of these Ohio tracks. Since Flo has broadened my horizons, I watch the All Stars from all of them and they are all almost always dusty. Why is that? The dirt? The track prep?

1 member likes this post: MassiveRaceFan
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > We値l see tomorrow