IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Car counts?
6/11/10, 1:22 PM   #1
Car counts?
TQ29m

I find it interesting, that of the 3 nites of racing, Danville, La Salle, and ORP, I haven't seen one post on here, complaining about the "low" car counts at these 3 tracks, I watched the ORP, and I've watched the other 2 on UTUBE, and I don't see a problem with the numbers, yes, I'm sure the promotors would like to see more cars, but how can you make the racing any better? I think this year, is just a sample of low numbers, if the economy doesn't turn around, 08 was good because most teams had enough spares, and a few more bucks pooled, to allow them to continue, almost without missing a step, but that supply of parts and money has run closer to the bottom, and reality has set in, no spares, no disposable income, sponsor cut backs, this is the result. Here's hoping next year isn't a continuation of the downturn, but I wouldn't hold my breath, I don't feel we've seen low car counts Yet! JMHO Bob

6/11/10, 4:27 PM   #2
Re: Car counts?
racer-x

its called HOPE AND CHANGE!!!!! LOOK AT THE REST OF THE WORLD!!

6/11/10, 7:39 PM   #3
old timer

Yes I'm seeing more racers staying home longer after a problem with thier equiptment. I know my money is real ahort for racing.

6/11/10, 9:04 PM   #4
Kevracer58

The spectator count at ORP last night was pitiful

6/11/10, 10:41 PM   #5
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevracer58 View Post
The spectator count at ORP last night was pitiful
Actually I thought it wasnt bad. I've seen worse there.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

6/12/10, 7:43 AM   #6
racer-x

I went to a race at Angola Thursday night that was called the Stan Perry memorial, a nice racer that passed away a few years ago.there were over 40 modifieds and super late models there.The modifieds were one by the legend Dave Bice in only his second race in 10 years.Daves Dad Howard built Avilla speedway for those wondering were they heard the name Bice!The race paid $1010 to win! Lots of things ended in 10 that night because Stans number was 10! The late model feature was great also with a last lap bump and run that made it worth the admission fee to get in! The lm feature paid $10,010 to win!
This is kinda a story about if you build it they will come.Packed stands, lots of good cars, not bad on food and beer prices.they qualified 3 classes of cars,last chance races and features and we were done by 9 in the evening! Having a big money race during the week is a great idea from not having to compete with Nascar on tv and other local tracks for people in the stands and car counts!
MODIFIEDS ON PAVEMENT ARE MUCH MORE FUN TO WATCH THEN ON DIRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Car counts?