IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > WAR adds Jacksonville 7-29
7/21/16, 3:49 PM   #1
WAR adds Jacksonville 7-29
cshuman

WAR has added a race to the 2016 schedule for July 29th at Jacksonville Speedway.. Hope to see you there! Click the link for the full story and details....
http://warwinglessautoracing.myracep.../news/?i=40262

5 members like this post: Dirtfan, illinifan, kart31rac, oppweld, TylerShoemaker
7/21/16, 4:55 PM   #2
Re: WAR adds Jacksonville 7-29
miledirt

This could be a great show if they keep the number of classes down

7/21/16, 7:01 PM   #3
kdobson

I think you guys know that as a rule, when we have a big open wheel race we try not to pack it full of classes. But we do have a lot of classes scheduled for next Friday. Our track has been closed for 3 weeks due to our County fair and now we just canceled this Friday (the 21st) due to heat. We owe it to our local racers that call this their home track a chance to justify the money they have tied up in a race car instead of a boat by getting to race the darn thing now and then.

Usually for a special we will have a local show a week before and week after which makes us feel better about leaving them home on a special night. This time it's been so long that we really need to let them race and enjoy their home track.

As we always do in this situation, we will race our premier classes early in the program to allow those of you who have no interest in our local classes a chance to head home early. We will probably have to stick a class or two between the MOWA feature and WAR feature to allow guys a chance to switch cars if they are pulling double duty. But I think by now those of you who come here for a big event realize that we do everything we can to make our traveling fans and teams barely notice the great local racing that takes place - usually after you have already left after our headline features.

7/21/16, 7:32 PM   #4
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Kevin, I think we're going stop by on our way to Fairbury NE, Beloit & Bellville KS and hit Macon Sat. Night as well.
Thanks to you and Casey both!

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

2 members like this post: mlamb, wildman92
7/21/16, 11:41 PM   #5
jahmo55

WAR and MOWA put on a Great Show.

7/22/16, 5:42 AM   #6
miledirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdobson View Post
i think you guys know that as a rule, when we have a big open wheel race we try not to pack it full of classes. But we do have a lot of classes scheduled for next friday. Our track has been closed for 3 weeks due to our county fair and now we just canceled this friday (the 21st) due to heat. We owe it to our local racers that call this their home track a chance to justify the money they have tied up in a race car instead of a boat by getting to race the darn thing now and then.

Usually for a special we will have a local show a week before and week after which makes us feel better about leaving them home on a special night. This time it's been so long that we really need to let them race and enjoy their home track.

As we always do in this situation, we will race our premier classes early in the program to allow those of you who have no interest in our local classes a chance to head home early. We will probably have to stick a class or two between the mowa feature and war feature to allow guys a chance to switch cars if they are pulling double duty. But i think by now those of you who come here for a big event realize that we do everything we can to make our traveling fans and teams barely notice the great local racing that takes place - usually after you have already left after our headline features.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > WAR adds Jacksonville 7-29