IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > STARS Letter
12/21/14, 4:19 PM   #1
STARS Letter
STRCOMP

The last five years have gone by quickly. It was about this time of year in 2009 the concept for the Short Track Auto Racing Series was born. It was an exciting time. All we had was our enthusiasm, a vision, and an unyielding sense of determination. Out of that vision, the premier open wheel pavement series in the Midwest has developed and grown. The have been countless memories created for both our participants and fans.
During our annual STARS, LLC meeting held earlier in December, our board decided to move in a different direction with the organization’s leadership. The directors elected Bob Guess as the new President of the Short Track Auto Racing Series, LLC. Bob will lead the organization into its next phase. He brings decades of experience and numerous contacts in his new role. Bob has recently retired from his professional role and now has more time to dedicate to his passion (racing) and his role as President of STARS, LLC. Please join me in congratulating Bob in his new role.
There are also two other individuals that will be leaving their roles with STARS. Mike Guglielmucci has decided to step down as managing director and track coordinator. Mike spent many hours helping promote the racing series and attracted most of the primary sponsorship associated with the series. Mike was the cornerstone for STARS especially when it came to industry contacts and innovative ideas.
Another essential person in the success of the first four seasons of STARS was Bernie Myers. Bernie served as chief steward and race director for every event run by the STARS organization. Bernie’s contributions went well beyond the race director role. On most race dates, Bernie was the first one to arrive at the track (followed by Mike) to begin preparing the racing surface for the evening’s event. He has also spent many, many hours working on tires, fuel, and other items needed to host an event. Bernie was also a constant ambassador for STARS. He worked with many race teams as their first point of contact with the racing series. He spent time with local radio stations recapping the previous week’s results and promoting the upcoming week’s event.
Both Mike and Bernie openly shared their racing industry experience and knowledge on a regular basis. Their unselfish approach to their roles will be missed. However, they will continue to serve in their capacity as board members of STARS, LLC.
I have informed the board members of STARS some time ago that I will step down from my role as President. Life’s busy schedule of family, friends and business have made it necessary to move on. I have enjoyed my run with STARS and will always have the memories of what that has brought. I hope that everyone embraces the latest changes to STARS and continue to support the series.
The 2015 schedule looks full of exciting events throughout the summer. I am sure the best days for STARS and short track pavement racing are yet to come. Thank you for letting me a small part of such a great institution – local short track auto racing. I will check in with you from time to time. My best wishes to everyone, and I look forward to the future with Bob Guess and his new team in their leadership roles.
Thank you all, Joe Kirkeeng, Mike Guglielmucci, Bernie Myers

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > STARS Letter