IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2 Can't Miss Midget Shows every year?
12/12/14, 7:43 PM   #1
2 Can't Miss Midget Shows every year?
racenut69

Wayne County(Leffler Race) and Indoors @ DuQuion.....#3 would be any Midget Race @ Belle-Clair,or any Midget Race @ Haubstadt,or Tri-City.... ...IOW your up?..THX!

1 member likes this post: dirtnonwingfan
12/12/14, 8:43 PM   #2
Lincoln Chapple

Belleville High Banks

12/12/14, 8:59 PM   #3
Best Midget Shows Every Year!!....
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Mine is a week indoors @ Tulsa, that had Chili at one time also!!.....that's now only a few weeks away!!..n' prayn for good weather once again!!....

3 members like this post: DAD, KENDALLRACING, luckybuc97
12/12/14, 9:55 PM   #4
Re: 2 Can't Miss Midget Shows every year?
stealth43k

chili bowl for me this year and du quion first time for both you might say im a little stoked.

12/12/14, 10:17 PM   #5
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Have fun Stealth.

12/13/14, 8:56 AM   #6
Andrew S. Quinn

I'd have to put the Arnie Knepper Memorial at Belle-Clair Speedway at the top of my list. The first time I went to it,it was held on a Wednesday night,and I really liked the atmosphere of watching the races with the lights from the fair rides in the background. Little Belleville is very 1950s in appearance anyways,and the fair adds to the atmosphere. I always expect Fonzie to pull in anytime on his motorcycle,followed by Richie Cunningham,Potsie,and Ralph Malph.

How much do I like this race? Well one year when I was at the Knoxville Nationals,I was willing to gamble that the Wednesday night qualifying race would rain out (it did) and I drove all the way to Belleville to watch it in 100 degree heat. Another year I had asked to leave work early the day of the race,and to come in late the next day at work. I had plenty of vacation time to use,but the boss denied it. I can remember the boss telling me that I would be at work that day,and I can remember thinking to myself,wanna make a bet on that? I quit my job instead,just to go to the Arnie Knepper Memorial race.

These days I have a much better boss,and the race has been on a Sunday night instead,but I still plan ahead accordingly,and either take a few hours off work so I dont have to go to work on a hour and a half's worth of sleep, (I have done that too,more than once) or just take the whole day off. The only down side from my view on running it on Sunday night,is that the fair rides shut down at around 6PM,so its missing some of the atmosphere,but I dont plan on missing it anytime soon......

Standing out in the parking lot talking with Morty watching the sun set.

A different year,but sitting in the Morty section high coming out of turn 2.
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 12/13/14 at 9:03 AM.

12/13/14, 12:55 PM   #7
ISF

#1. Chili Bowl (of course)
#2. Belleville Nationals
#3. Indoor racing at Du Quoin
#4. Leffler Memorial.
#5. Any midget race at Mighty Macon Speedway (especially those that do not have 6 support classes................which isn't many).

2 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, Kansasdirtfan
12/13/14, 2:31 PM   #8
SDHill89

The Gold Crown at Tri-City and the Tom Knowles Memorial at Spoon River are my two cant miss Midget races

12/13/14, 3:18 PM   #9
open_wheel_outlaw

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 9

I'm going with the Gold Crown at Tri-City, especially when they sneak the wing and non-wing sprints into the show to go with the high count of midgets there. I also remember watching the Hut 100 at Haubstadt one year and that was pretty cool to see that after watching it at THAT for years, but since they don't run it there anymore I'm going with the Macon midget race that runs on the same day as Silver Crown at Springfield. That allows you to hit to seperate dirt races in the same day!

2 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, luckybuc97
12/13/14, 3:34 PM   #10
Re: Best Midget Shows Every Year!!....
DAD

Austin

You remember a long time ago going back into that tiny little room and getting a big old aluminum pie pan filled with Frito's on the bottom and covered with chili all over the top of it>>Boy was that goood. Neat to ave a signature race at a Signature race track with a Signature Food.

Any little "BullRing" with any kind of Midget Race car racing there is all I need to be happy.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 12/13/14 at 4:46 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2 Can't Miss Midget Shows every year?