IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > LaSalle (IL): IRA Sprints & POWRi Midgets - Sat., Aug. 29th.
12/11/14, 7:52 PM   #1
LaSalle (IL): IRA Sprints & POWRi Midgets - Sat., Aug. 29th.
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

LaSalle Speedway
LaSalle, Illinois
2015 Schedule posted in a pic on the tracks Facebook page
Includes IRA/MOWA 410 Wing Sprints, Lucas Oil POWRi National Midget Series, & Street Stocks on Saturday, August 29th 2015

2015 Schedule in Link below. 2 IRA Sprint Car Dates - Sat., April 18 & Sat., Aug 29 2015
Last edited by nathans1012; 1/18/15 at 1:36 AM.

3 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, ISF, NIMEE79
12/12/14, 3:51 PM   #2
Re: LaSalle (IL): IRA Sprints & POWRi Midgets - Sat., Aug. 2
ISF

The August 29 IRA and POWRi show is the Bill Waite Memorial that up until 2015 featured the MOWA sprint series and the IRA series running a combined show. It appears MOWA isn't involved this year.

This 2015 IRA/POWRi show should be a great one and since La Salle, IL is close enough to Wisconsin that they should draw some Badger cars in addition to the POWRi guys.

La Salle is only a 1/2 hour drive for us. Problem is, we'll be 6 hours South at Du Quoin for the Leffler Memorial at Wayne City and Horn Memorial at Du Quoin.

The Waite Memorial at La Salle was rained out and never rescheduled this past August. Traditionally it's on Saturday night of the weekend prior to Labor Day Weekend thus we were always able to attend. Jack Hewitt is usually there giving rides in his 2 seat sprinter, too.

Dang the luck!!!

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
12/12/14, 4:55 PM   #3
kdobson

MOWA is a part of both sprint shows at LaSalle. We let the IRA take the lead in scheduling there since it was their track first. Thats likely why MOWA isnt mentioned on the preliminary schedule. We will be there. Hope you are too.

6 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, ISF, NIMEE79, rachasin, RickyBobby, SDHill89
12/13/14, 3:56 AM   #4

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISF View Post
La Salle is only a 1/2 hour drive for us. Problem is, we'll be 6 hours South at Du Quoin for the Leffler Memorial at Wayne City and Horn Memorial at Du Quoin.

The Waite Memorial at La Salle was rained out and never rescheduled this past August. Traditionally it's on Saturday night of the weekend prior to Labor Day Weekend thus we were always able to attend. Jack Hewitt is usually there giving rides in his 2 seat sprinter, too.

Dang the luck!!!
I think your luck has changed. they have moved labor day back a week to September 7 so you can attend this race

1 member likes this post: ISF
12/13/14, 5:18 PM   #5
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdobson View Post
MOWA is a part of both sprint shows at LaSalle. We let the IRA take the lead in scheduling there since it was their track first. Thats likely why MOWA isnt mentioned on the preliminary schedule. We will be there. Hope you are too.
Great!! Thanks for straightening me out. When I didn't see MOWA mentioned in the schedule I thought they may have bowed out. As usual I shouldn't be thinkin'! Will Mr. Hewitt be on hand giving 2 seater rides again in 2015?

We will most definitely be there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Points View Post
I think your luck has changed. they have moved labor day back a week to September 7 so you can attend this race
Well, I'm feelin' just a bit silly! I took a quick look at the computer calender and didn't take the time to see what the date of the first Monday in September is in 2015. Again, thanks for the heads up that Labor day is pushed back a week! It a appears we need all the help we can get! LOL!

12/20/14, 8:39 PM   #6
Tim Watson

Quote:
The August 29 IRA and POWRi show is the Bill Waite Memorial that up until 2015 featured the MOWA sprint series and the IRA series running a combined show. It appears MOWA isn't involved this year.

This 2015 IRA/POWRi show should be a great one and since La Salle, IL is close enough to Wisconsin that they should draw some Badger cars in addition to the POWRi guys.

Dang the luck!!!
Badger cars.

12/21/14, 4:20 PM   #7
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watson View Post
Badger cars.
?

12/21/14, 8:40 PM   #8
Tim Watson

Quote:
?
It sounds like a nice gesture and i mean no dis respect to Badger cars but it's tough to count on them to travel. First of all they don't like to race much outside of Angell Park and i see the car count even being a couple less than last year which doesn't leave much. I believe Brandon Waelti is hoping to sell everything and Hans Lein had two cars you won't see cause he's teaming with Billy Balog to run the NSL in 2015. Badger and Angell Park ain't got much left in the tank.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > LaSalle (IL): IRA Sprints & POWRi Midgets - Sat., Aug. 29th.