IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > shootout
12/17/14, 10:42 PM   #11
Re: shootout
TRKracing

We will have plenty of tools, tire tools, some food, beer, power, ext... if anyone else is looking to pit together so we can leave our trailer inside. Just let me know

12/19/14, 11:48 AM   #12
DAD

I went to the Tulsa Shootout website to check the car count.http://www.tulsashootout.com/profile...r=62001&rt=sch I see They have 17 Echo Tec Midgets and 20 1200cc Midgets (Mini Sprints). Looks like everybody will make the main event this year. If we had a little more time and money we would sure be their. Looks like easy pickens to me.

If you guys get a chance take a stop watch up to both the Echo Tec and Mini Sprint races and clock the hot dogs out their in both classes. Are their times pretty close? Wonder what would happen if you combined the classes?

These are both neat types of race cars, but because of rules packages (Self imposed segregation) we have kept our numbers down to a manageable size. If we were to combine the Focus, Echotec, Kenyon, and Mini Sprints into one class, what would happen? COMPETITION would kick in, is what would happen. Most all racers want to be competitive, the cost of the engine packages is pretty close when you stop to look at them. "STOCK" is the major priority for a fair rule package, and I don't mean down to the 3 ten thousands of an inch and you are out Go Kart type mentality either.

Guys are spending thousands of dollars right now to take their mini sprint motors to a guru engine builder to have them massage the last little bit of drive ability out of them. You can't stop that but you can limit parts to OEM and make visual checks for that. That won't stop people from deep freezing their engines internals or spraying super slick all over everything that you can not see, so why worry about it.

Make inspection ports, make ways to check cam lift without pulling the valve cover and have pictures or actual parts on hand for your tec people to compare to. Pretty soon it will become obvious to all the racers which is the hot set up, (Like watching go karts at you local rental track to decide which kart you want to drive) and the other combinations will vanish from existence until some other bright racer finds a better package to race with.

I see that Casey Shuman is listed on the drivers list this year. So being a true Kentuckian at heart I will Put my money on the Jockey.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 12/19/14 at 12:04 PM.

1 member likes this post: cshuman
12/19/14, 12:08 PM   #13
cws9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
I see that Casey Shuman is listed on the drivers list this year. So being a true Kentuckian at heart I will Put my money on the Jockey.

Honest Dad himself

Casey Shuman, Justin Grant, and another local hot shoe Frank Flud racing in the lightning sprints. Maybe the secret is getting out about this class of cars. I am tempted to call my buddy Robert Ballou and see if he wants to wheel my car.

12/19/14, 12:37 PM   #14
DAD

We could probably get him a ride in a pretty fast FSC chassis Dad's Zx10 r if we could find some money> to be sure Robert could get every last ounce of performance out of it and maybe just a little bit more.

Honest Dad himself

12/19/14, 12:59 PM   #15
DAD

Looking down the lists of entrants at the Shootout other name pop up also that would add to the competition. Like>> Austin Brown>>Andrew Felker>>Blake Hahn>>Kevin Swindell. Any of these drivers would be impressive in one of our cars and in the case of Austin Brown who is also in an EchoTec this year could give us a pretty good idea of the strengths and weakness of each class of car

Honest Dad himself

12/19/14, 4:21 PM   #16
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Casey is 1 for 1 in a Lightning Sprint....No hot laps...No heat race...Went to the tail of the A after Scott had broke his hand and put on a clinic passing 17 cars...Drivers like Jimmy Scanlon (Wis), Drew Dorsett (Ind), Todd Lehr (Wis), Nick Daughtery (Oh), Jon Moore (NY), Austin Archdale (Il) and Daniel Nadeau from Canada just to name a few.....These "WINGERS" could help grow our sport...hope to have some come to Florida in Feb. Good luck to ALL in the Shootout in a couple weeks.

Check out the attire Scott Johnson has on..Feb. 12th 2011 was the date!!!

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

1 member likes this post: cshuman
12/19/14, 5:46 PM   #17
TRKracing

Pending how we run at tulsa we are thinking about going to flordia and running there as well. Me being a No name racer would love to get out and run different tracks and different competition. This was our first full year of racing and I had a ton of fun racing against hench and Archdale in nationals. It was a hell of a fight between the top 4 of us. Chris I would be more than happy to get your car ready. Mines ready to roll and we can throw yours in my trailer!!

4 members like this post: DAD, Hustler, i love dirt track racing, Wayne Davis
12/21/14, 12:12 PM   #18
dorsettracing10

Gas is $1.99 in indiana this morning

12/21/14, 12:54 PM   #19
TRKracing

Diesel is down to 2.89 here. Cheap trip

12/21/14, 2:08 PM   #20
DAD

Thanks should go out to the ISIS "thugs" for taking over oil fields and selling oil on the cheap on the black market, sure a good way to get the OPEC people a wake up call, don't you think.

Honest Dad himself

1 member likes this post: TRKracing
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > shootout