IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Where to go???
6/6/11, 1:09 PM   #1
Where to go???
djw1967

I am from California but will be in Indiana (Beech Grove Area) from July 2-8. Looking for races to go to. Can anyone give me a heads up to some races that are going on during that time. Many thanks
Last edited by djw1967; 6/6/11 at 1:10 PM.

6/6/11, 1:18 PM   #2
Re: Where to go???
terrehautian

July 3rd, Silver Crown race at Terre Haute Action Track. If no special events anywhere, Putnamville on the 2nd.

6/6/11, 1:19 PM   #3
RGraves

Gas City kicks off Sprint Week on the 8th. You are coming a week too early!

6/6/11, 2:13 PM   #4
djw1967

I know i'm a week early but due to the wifes family reunion (why we're in Indiana) and my son's travel baseball schedule we're were stuck coming the 1st-10th

6/6/11, 4:31 PM   #5
Andrew S. Quinn

If you like midgets,POWRi has a doubleheader at Belle-Clair Speedway,Belleville, Illinois on July 1st and 2nd.

6/6/11, 5:28 PM   #6
mikeham73

Bloomington Speedway on the 1st. Lincoln Park Speedway in Putnamville on the 2nd. Some of the best fireworks you will see. And great racing too.
Last edited by mikeham73; 6/6/11 at 5:31 PM.

6/6/11, 6:09 PM   #7
indybail

There will be a regional USAC midget show the evening of July 6 at the Indianapolis Speedrome which will be very close for you. If you are going to be in Beech Grove stop by O'Gara's Irish Pub owned by long time Indy car crew chief and team manager John O'Gara and his lovely bride Jean. It's at 522 Main Street.

I suppose I should mention their 16 year old son Kyle won the Midget feature at the Speedrome on June 1st. Kyle drives for Bob East and Sarah Fisher Racing with sponsorship from the Service Central folks.

6/6/11, 6:17 PM   #8
deannalynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by djw1967 View Post
I am from California but will be in Indiana (Beech Grove Area) from July 2-8. Looking for races to go to. Can anyone give me a heads up to some races that are going on during that time. Many thanks
You've got some tough choices! If it's raining down south in Putnamville or Paragon, you can head north to Montpelier for the UMP modifieds (yeah, not Sprints, but still a bunch of Hoosier speed freaks tearing up the dirt!) If they're expecting rain in Gas City, check out Bloomington. Have fun and I hope to see you at the races
Last edited by deannalynn; 6/7/11 at 9:39 AM.

6/6/11, 7:39 PM   #9
nonwing79

I think you can catch 2 Kokomo shows, one on July 3rd with fireworks and then sprintweek on the 9th.

6/6/11, 8:07 PM   #10
Johnhunt

Race Count Last Year: 22

You really can't go wrong. It's basically how far do you want to drive. Kokomo, gas city, and/or Lincoln park would be my suggestions
Posted using Mobile Device
Last edited by Johnhunt; 6/6/11 at 8:10 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Where to go???