IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > My year in review
11/4/23, 12:23 PM   #1
My year in review
kb78

I'm pretty sure no one cares but I keep record of the races I attend, so I thought I would post some numbers and we can compare seasons.
I was fortunate enough to get to 35 events this year, well more than I ever had before. This does not count rainouts but it does count the unfortunate and tragic day at Lawrenceburg.

I made it to 17 different tracks with Eldora being the most at 7 times. I made it to Florence, Knoxville, Circle City, Paragon and 35 Raceway for the first time ever, and Bloomington for the first time in 28 years.

I got to see 31 different winners in open wheel competition, the most with 6 for Justin Grant. I also witnessed some drivers win that I had never seen in victory lane before- Jake Hesson, Matt Lux, Brian Brown, Ryan Timms, Ricky Lewis, Mike Keegan, Wes Pinkerton, Chett Gerke,Trey Osborne, Brandon Spithaler, and Dillion Balwin.

I made it to 12 USAC sprint races which was the most of any sanction, I also seen BOSS, NRA, WoO,USAC D2, USAC Midgets, ASCoC, USAC Silver Crown, FAST, and an OVSCA race.

My next race will probably be The Rumble at Fort Wayne. For next year I am already looking into the race at Salem as I have never been there and I think I might take in Midget week.

Thanks for letting me rant.

11/4/23, 3:25 PM   #2
azsprintfan1

That's awesome man. You are very fortunate.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, dirtybob29, Hustlin-Hoosier, nathans1012
11/4/23, 6:00 PM   #3
Re: My year in review
Hubie48

I made it to 25 Shows.

I went to Putnumville and Bloomington for weekly or "club" races and The Indy "500"

All the rest were USAC Midget, Sprint and Silver Crown

Midweek is great, you will enjoy.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, dirtybob29, nathans1012, oppweld, rapid robert
11/5/23, 3:21 PM   #4
BrentTFunk

If you count the 6 days at spent at Indy in May, I had 57. I was able to travel a little bit, after being down for a few years. I saw races in Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. Got rained out at Bridgeport NJ, so that doesn't count. Mainly local and USAC sprints. Did see the All Stars, World of Outlaws, and High Limit this year. Can't think of one that I didn't enjoy. Made it to 5 new tracks.

11/5/23, 3:42 PM   #5
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

2023 Season
Races - 39
Tracks - 12
States - 6 (Alabama, Illinois, Indiana, North Carolina, Ohio, & Wisconsin)

Went to 2 new tracks this year at the Talladega Short track back in January for the 32nd Annual Ice Bowl and The Dirt Track At Charlotte for the World Short Track Championship.

Saw a bunch of touring series compete this year including the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series, World Of Outlaws Late Model Series, World Of Outlaws Sprint Car Series, XR Super Series Late Models, MARS Racing Series Late Models, MARS Racing Series Modifieds, Iron-Man Late Model Series, Crate Racin' USA Late Model Tour, IRA Sprint Car Series, Midwest Open Wheel Association (MOWA), Badger Midgets, MARA Midgets, UMP DIRTcar Summer Nationals, UMP DIRTcar Summit Modified Nationals, Wisconsin WingLess Sprints, IRA Lightning Sprints, Midwest Big 10 Series Crate Late Models, Northeast DIRTcar Sportsman Modifieds, Northeast DIRTcar Pro Stocks, Mid-East 602 Modifieds, & Midwest Throwback Sprint Cars.

Brownstown (IN) Speedway - 2
(Weekly Shows with the 604 Crate Car)

Eldora (OH) Speedway - 3
(World 100 Weekend)

Fairbury (IL) American Legion Speedway - 9
(Weekly Races plus Lucas Oil, PDC, MOWA / IRA Sprint Car Show, Labor Day, & FALS Frenzy)

Grundy County (IL) Speedway - 1
(Bettenhausen Memorial)

Kankakee (IL) Speedway - 7
(Weekly Races + Badger/ MARA Show & UMP Summer Nationals)

Kokomo (IN) Speedway - 2
(XR Super Series & 4th of July)

Lincoln (IL) Speedway - 1
(UMP DIRTcar Nationals Saturday show)

Shadyhill Speedway (IN) - 6
(Weekly Races + Mystery 100 Modified show)

Spoon River Speedway (IL) - 1
(Memorial Day Weekend with the 604 Crate Car)

Talladega Short Track (AL) - 3
(32nd Annual Ice Bowl in January with the 604 Crate Car)

The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) - 3
(World Short Track Championship with the 604 Crate Car)

Wilmot (WI) Raceway - 1
(World Of Outlaws Sprint Car show)
Last edited by nathans1012; 11/5/23 at 5:40 PM.

11/6/23, 8:28 AM   #6
kb78

Late Model folks definitely have more tracks to choose from I think and it looks like you are well West of me, but Fairbury and Brownstown are both on my bucket list.

1 member likes this post: nathans1012
11/6/23, 8:32 AM   #7
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Was my worst year in awhile on making races but I got to go to a few and that's a good thing. Id say about seven Burg and two Florence.

1 member likes this post: Hubie48
11/6/23, 7:20 PM   #8
opnwhlmnd

Got to see 10 races in Florida in February and had big plans to add to my 396 tracks visited. Had an accident at work and broke both legs, ankles, heel in one foot, and tore every tendon in both feet. Spent the summer in the hospital and saw no more live races.

Sure was glad for Dirtvision and Flo. Trying to get back to walking and start it all over again in Florida 2024. I would say 50-50 odds that I walk that soon but working hard to get there.

Thanks to all for posting their race year in the thread enjoy reading them all.

11/9/23, 11:58 AM   #9
jmamcd

Races - 51
Tracks - 20

Williams Grove - 4
Bridgeport - 2
Eldora - 14
Selinsgrove - 1
Circle City - 1
PA Motor - 3
Knox (PA) - 1
Grandview - 1
Big Diamond - 1
Port Royal - 2
Ohio Valley - 1
Winchester - 1
Gas City - 1
Kokomo - 4
Knoxville - 7
Attica - 1
Fremont - 1
Springfield - 1
Slinger - 1
dirt track at Charlotte - 3

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, nathans1012, TNRustler
11/9/23, 5:09 PM   #10
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd View Post
Got to see 10 races in Florida in February and had big plans to add to my 396 tracks visited. Had an accident at work and broke both legs, ankles, heel in one foot, and tore every tendon in both feet. Spent the summer in the hospital and saw no more live races.

Sure was glad for Dirtvision and Flo. Trying to get back to walking and start it all over again in Florida 2024. I would say 50-50 odds that I walk that soon but working hard to get there.

Thanks to all for posting their race year in the thread enjoy reading them all.
How in the hell did that happen managing a machine service department? car wreck? I hope you recover better than expected. Best wishes.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Hubie48
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > My year in review