IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #1 6/13/20 1:51 AM
Some of you I’m sure know by now that NASCAR has banned the Confederate Flag from all of their properties. I’ve seen a lot of of support as well as a lot of criticism. Do any of my fellow IOW’s have an opinion on the topic?
jim goerge (Offline)
  #2 6/13/20 3:07 PM
I feel that if you have to fly a flag , fly old glory. There is no prettier flag fly ever. Being a vet nothing will ever change my views
16 Likes: Big Mike 7, dirt330, i love dirt track racing, Indy1808, interpreter66, jonboat15, Jonr, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, mc/rider, oppweld, racer-x, ronmil, ROSS, skids59, texas red
ronmil (Offline)
  #3 6/13/20 3:13 PM
The only flags I go to see at a race track are the green, white, and checkered. Hopefully few yellows and no reds. Of course, I salute Old Glory. That's the only other flag I care to see.

Ron Miller
15 Likes: dirt330, i love dirt track racing, Indy1808, interpreter66, jim goerge, jonboat15, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, mc/rider, nedra_bahler_835@com, oppweld, racenut69, skids59, texas red, tj39
Bad Dad 54 (Offline)
  #4 6/13/20 6:43 PM
Some believe it's racist to fly that rebel flag, to me stands for southern pride, just like people fly other flags besides Old Glory we have drivers POW, college NFL etc etc. NAPCAR has banned a flag flown for yrs by people who have probably spent a lot of money, now they're mad Wonder how much longer before that no fans in the stands becomes a reality Morgan Shepard was told to remove God from his race car, but now the *** is ok to put on a race car I've been to NAPCAR races, boring hi priced, cars go behind a wall in front of you then 4hrs to get out of a parking lot? Not anymore, gimmie a shirt track non wing sprint car race anyday
By the way that rebel flag is not the flag of the confederacy, it's the battle flag of SC