IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jason Leffler Memorial
10/11/20, 3:42 PM   #1
Jason Leffler Memorial
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

The Jason Leffler Memorial always draws a capacity crowd and has had some epic racing.
IMHO three support classes are not needed especially when their features are run before the signature event.
Also not allowing fans access to restrooms in some cases unless you buy a pit pass is not fan friendly.
The promoter would be wise to rethink his policies concerning treatment of early arrivals or he will find that a considerable number of them will be missing in 2021.

6 members like this post: jim goerge, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, mc/rider, racenut69, stealth43k
10/11/20, 8:44 PM   #2
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

I won't be back because of midgets being ran last.
Should have ran the midgets after the rework, could have been a great 40 laps, instead of that painful micro A and track only lasting around 20 laps.

3 members like this post: luckybuc97, PIT CART, ronmil
10/11/20, 10:52 PM   #3
SoIllSprinter

Support classes should do as their name implies, support, not supplant. The headline class should always run the first feature. I consider it poor promoting to do otherwise.

5 members like this post: jim goerge, luckybuc97, PIT CART, racenut69, ronmil
10/13/20, 12:58 PM   #4
Re: Jason Leffler Memorial
jim goerge

I agree with Ron on not opening the rest rooms, which kinda had me thinking I would"t go back, but watching that good close racing, I"ll be back for as long as I can make it. I thought the support racing was really good mostly (I wasn"t happy with the winged mini sprints). I also thought the midgets should have run first, oh well hopefully next year.

1 member likes this post: Hustlin-Hoosier
10/13/20, 1:36 PM   #5
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
I agree with Ron on not opening the rest rooms, which kinda had me thinking I would"t go back, but watching that good close racing, I"ll be back for as long as I can make it. I thought the support racing was really good mostly (I wasn"t happy with the winged mini sprints). I also thought the midgets should have run first, oh well hopefully next year.
Few of these folks decide not to return means better seat selections for the rest of us!

4 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, jim goerge, progressive22, racenut69
10/13/20, 1:48 PM   #6
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
Few of these folks decide not to return means better seat selections for the rest of us!
Y'all have fun, no desire to watch mini sprints spin out every other lap while the track dries back out.

Could have been a great night of racing, but it wasn't due to miss management of the show at the end of the night.

It was still good, but ending was too sour.

2 members like this post: Midget98, ronmil
10/13/20, 7:21 PM   #7
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by brsteg View Post
Y'all have fun, no desire to watch mini sprints spin out every other lap while the track dries back out.

Could have been a great night of racing, but it wasn't due to miss management of the show at the end of the night.

It was still good, but ending was too sour.
Thanks! Guess I’m just not that particular or closed minded. In this day and age, I was happy to see that race at very cool little race track, that the county or state could of very easily shut down. Thanks again!

3 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, jim goerge, progressive22
10/13/20, 7:56 PM   #8
oldfan49

I suggested to promoter one time he run the premier class first. His response was to snap " then everyone would leave after the 1st feature". I assume his concern was for concession stand sales, and I have to say I can see his reasoning even if it irritates me some times.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
10/13/20, 8:07 PM   #9
Rpracing1

Some people are all too quick to forget that this is a special race that collects proceeds from every ticket, burger, drink, nachos etc sold, from that a portion of sales go to Jason Leflers son. Let’s not forget the meaning of this race. If I have to sit thru a couple extra support class that also contribute to this fund and buy a couple extra snacks, count me in again as I said above.

10/13/20, 8:07 PM   #10
Jonr

So, when did the rules change? Growing up, the premier class was always the last class. I also remember seeing multiple threads of people complaining when the premier class went first then went to the pits and loaded up before the night was over. Thus keeping the fans from seeing their favorite drivers. Seems like a promoter can never win.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jason Leffler Memorial