IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Silver Crown / Gold Crown Series
7/28/09, 8:52 PM   #1
Silver Crown / Gold Crown Series
miledirt

Anything new on the Gold Crown cars and series?

I just read on another site that Richmond may be going away from Indy Cars. So we lose another oval and add more street races....

Amazing that open wheel fans watch midgets, sprints, and silver crown cars...and then we are forced to go fender racing and watch NASCAR. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy some NASCAR races, but what a shame that the IRL has become nothing but CART reborn. And probably a poorer version of what CART was before.

So, enough whining....how about we add 3,4 races to the Silver Crown series for 2010 and get that Gold Crown series up and going. I'm done with the IRL

7/28/09, 9:27 PM   #2
Re: Silver Crown / Gold Crown Series
sc96

I know if we lose Richmond the Silvercrown Div will be in trouble. And what is sad is there was a real strong showing at Racewaypark but Iowa may be a different story. We all know the reason for the Goldcrown div and if in fact Richmond goes away the reason for going that direction only gets stronger. I am not going to jump the gun on what is developing with the goldcrown div but things are moving in a positive direction. The Silvercrown div needs to be strong no matter what the other div does but you will have a real hard time keeping car owners when you are not sure what USAC is going to do.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Silver Crown / Gold Crown Series