IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Nascar fixed another race!
7/27/09, 11:01 PM   #41
Re: Nascar fixed another race!
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by psullivan View Post
1) the pace car incident at orp was a mistake - 50 or so laps into the race - that was designed to help whom? Come on. Trevor bayne probably deserved a better fate than he got - but was he going to win?
2) the brickyard 400 pumps a considerable amount of money into the town and region economy at a venue that asks next to nothing of taxpayers. So count me among those that wants it to come back and prosper
nascar rules are the worst!!!!!!!!!!! And there always right!!!!!!!!!! How in the hell do you pass cars on the yellow in the pits????????????? On a greenflag pit stop! You should leave the pits as fast as you can!!!!!!!!!!!! And no passing any where on the yellow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

Quote:
1) The pace car incident at ORP was a mistake - 50 or so laps into the race - that was designed to help whom? Come on. Trevor Bayne probably deserved a better fate than he got - but was he going to win?
2) The Brickyard 400 pumps a considerable amount of money into the town and region economy at a venue that asks next to nothing of taxpayers. So count me among those that wants it to come back and prosper
nascar makes no mistakes!!!!!!!!!!!! how do you say THAT HE WAS NOT GOING TO WIN???

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

Quote:
1) The pace car incident at ORP was a mistake - 50 or so laps into the race - that was designed to help whom? Come on. Trevor Bayne probably deserved a better fate than he got - but was he going to win?
2) The Brickyard 400 pumps a considerable amount of money into the town and region economy at a venue that asks next to nothing of taxpayers. So count me among those that wants it to come back and prosper
nascar makes no mistakes!!!!!!!!!!!! how do you say THAT HE WAS NOT GOING TO WIN???
Last edited by SUPERDUKE; 7/27/09 at 11:02 PM.

7/27/09, 11:32 PM   #42
psullivan

There are many things NASACR does I disagree with - like start and park. As for ORP it was a clear mistake and I think he should have got his spot back - but that's not a fix - that's a bad call. If you want to say they make some bad decisions - I agree - USAC makes bad decisions, the All Stars make bad decisions, WoO make bad decisions, you make bad decision and I make bad decisions - because the human element is involved. But a fix is willful intent and I see nothing that would even remotely suggest that. Sure it is possible he could have won - but he could have won from where he restarted but didn't - and the guy who did started at the back of the field.

7/27/09, 11:34 PM   #43
trencherman

For me the COT car has ruined what used to be fun racing to watch. Actually most of nascar races are follow the leader or change of position via yellow flag pit stops.
To me not a lot of fun anymore. As for the Brickyard i think it will survive, a lot of seats were empty because a lot of people just partied in turn 3 and hung out all through the infield. If they stop coming for the party atmosphere maybe there might not be enough seats sold to make it wothwhile for indy. but for now its good for many businesses in and around indy. I use to work at the track on quals and race days. but management put in so many rules that it wasn't fun anymore. anyway the race was boring so we got a head start on the traffic . Why was Juans car so much faster than anyone else, he should have taken it a little easier since he had a 5 sec lead

7/28/09, 12:14 AM   #44
pgray

NASCAR Public Relations - Daytona Beach , announced today in an event report that "an estimated 180,000 people" attended the Allstate 400 at the Brickyard , race number 20 of the 36 race schedule.

Sounds reasonable to what I observed and considering that we know there are 257,000 permanent seats available.

I think that NASCAR may have forgotten that back in February , and in a similar report , it was announced that the Daytona 500 was attended by "an estimated 180,000 people".

So now the real question is , " Which 2009 NASCAR Sprint Cup Race is the most attended of the year ? "
The answer could be that your poorly attended Brickyard 400 saw the largest crowd of the year to date !

Only 3 "yellows" for 14 laps !

7/28/09, 3:00 AM   #45
I Miss Manzy

As a disinterested party that gave up on NASCAR in the 90's [except for the Modifieds,who should give up on NASCAR],I can't say I'm surprised by anything that bunch says or does. What does the "S" in NASCAR stand for? It stands for "Stock".Exactly what part on those cars is stock? I guess if you buy the premise,you buy the whole package.For me,the purest,the most honest racing is a Saturday night, Dirt Track Open Wheel show,with a crowd to match.Best Racing,Best People.By the way,has anyone noticed that for the last four issues,the cover of National Speed Sport News has not had a single NASCAR headline? Just small blurbs in the corners like"Stewart King At Daytona".I'll bet NASCAR has!!

1 member likes this post: SUPERDUKE
7/28/09, 8:42 AM   #46
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

Brickyard isn't going anywhere. It's too big of a money maker for both sides. It's not a race, but an event. Never has been a good race. Those cars aren't built for that track. Newman said that in the post-race and I agree 100%. Even with 20% less people, it still makes money. That race has actually helped keep the IRL going with the money it bring into IMS.

7/28/09, 11:50 AM   #47
SteveD

Nascrap's doin' somthing right if they still have that many people fooled !! The ol' money angle will win out over boring races till the cows come home. Who moved my cheese ??

1 member likes this post: SUPERDUKE
7/28/09, 2:47 PM   #48
randyrad

Isn't any "event" which brings racefans to IMS a good thing ? It brings new fans to ORP, the Fairgrounds, Anderson, etc. Bring back F-1, add ALM, & a GrandAm 12 hr too - the more races the better. Structure local races to attract the visiting fans.

7/28/09, 2:49 PM   #49
OpenwheelRob

For a race nobody seems to like it is getting alot of attention on here. My take on it is when you have a long semi flat track and very competitive teams boring racing is what you will get, I'm sure you all will bash me but to me any race at Indy to me is a snoozer yes even the 500 the only reason I would attend either race is because the history of Indy. Both Sanctions at that track are a fast parade, it's the track! It doesn't lend itself to good side by side racing, some tracks are exciting Daytona, Dega and all the short tracks provide awesome racing IMO.

As for you people that say they should cancel the race, I just can't believe it. First of all, it brings money to your town and with the way things are I can't imagine why anyone would want to turn money away, I'd imagine the hotels, bars and resturants like Nascar coming to town. Secondly you people come on here all the time trying to save this race, save this track save this and save that... but yet you are quick to do away with this race it's still a race, right?

I think we may be spoiled because as dirt fans we see a lot of side by side racing and when we don't it's considered boring, I vote not to do away with any race or track at the rate things are going we should consider ourselves lucky we still have them.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Nascar fixed another race!