IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > $10,000 To Win Dick Gaines Classic.......
5/20/09, 6:32 PM   #1
$10,000 To Win Dick Gaines Classic.......
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

The “Dick Gaines Classic” August 22 at the Lawrenceburg (Ind.) Speedway honors an Indiana Sprint car legend who was among the third induction class at the National Sprint Car Hall of Fame in Knoxville, Iowa in 1992.

The latest addition to the 2009 USAC National Sprint Car calendar will offer $10,000-to-win and favorites to win will most likely include Dick’s son Dickie, who won a USAC Indiana Sprint Week feature at Lawrenceburg in 2005.

The race will be one of the largest-paying events on the calendar and should be extremely competitive, with eight different drivers winning the last eight USAC Sprint races at the track. Josh Wise won there in April on the recently re-configured and banked 3/8-mile dirt oval.

Despite never having won a USAC Sprint race, Dick Gaines earned a place in the record books with more than 600 victories in 15 different states during his 30-year Sprint Car career. In 1973 and 1976 he won the prestigious “Little 500” Sprint classic at the Anderson (Ind.) Speedway and in 1974 he beat Jan Opperman on the final turn of the final lap to win the “Knoxville Nationals” in Iowa.

“We are proud to be involved with an event honoring this great Indiana driver,” says USAC President/CEO Kevin Miller. “Lawrenceburg Speedway has long been a valued USAC venue and it’s fitting that this event offer such a prestigious payday for our participants
www.lawrenceburgspeedway.com

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

It just don't get any better than this!!!

5/20/09, 9:29 PM   #2
Re: $10,000 To Win Dick Gaines Classic.......
cecil98

Good Luck, Dave! I hope it is a huge success for all of us.

5/20/09, 10:53 PM   #3
Z-man

Dave, this is better than free beer Looking forward to some more kickass sprint car racing at the Burg. Looks like your looking out for the racers with these high dollar purses.

5/21/09, 6:56 AM   #4
BIGEBUDMAN

That will be another great night of racing at the burg. Count Budman in!

5/21/09, 4:21 PM   #5
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGEBUDMAN View Post
That will be another great night of racing at the burg. Count Budman in!
Budman, We have missed you guys lately, You been chasin wings??? We see how you are though, you win the 50/50 and havent been back, what gives See ya soon, Dave
It is Bud Night This Saturday

5/22/09, 6:56 AM   #6
BIGEBUDMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rudisell View Post
Budman, We have missed you guys lately, You been chasin wings??? We see how you are though, you win the 50/50 and havent been back, what gives See ya soon, Dave
It is Bud Night This Saturday
Sorry Dave I had to take a few weekends off and I did attend the Woo at Eldora. I will be at Eldora this weekend in the new suites to check them out. My mom is not in the best health and she asked me to take her to a race this year and this was the best option because it is air conditioned and has handicapp access.

I will be donating to the 50/50 very soon. I will be there alot in June. I cant wait for the Woo Show it will be great. I have said it before that Lawrenceburg is becoming my favorit track. You and your staff are doing a hell of a job, cant wait to get back there. See you guys soon, and good luck this weekend .Budman

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > $10,000 To Win Dick Gaines Classic.......