IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Why wings for 305 class?
10/15/14, 1:37 PM   #81
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

I read on one of these threads that the guy with the 305 at bloomington said he missed the gear .

10/15/14, 2:31 PM   #82
Re: Why wings for 305 class?
Bill May

Dirt, KC's post is another example of some fans lack of, actual, racing knowledge, apparently thinking only, track conditions caused the difference in the 305's performance
(lap times), when in fact he came in after the first practice session and changed gears, that's what racers do, track may have changed, but he also, changed gears.

Go to the Bloomington website, watch the video, and listen to the difference sound of the engine and quicker lap times in the later practice sessions, gear, gear,gear!

I don't expect to convert the non wing crowd, nor argue with posters about tires, wings driver experience, etc. etc. etc. The Racesaver series has thrived nationwide with their rules (and enforcement), I expect it will be successful at Bloomington & subsequently continue to grow, some posters will continue to resist and post negative remarks, maybe ,never embrace the 305's, but, It appears they will be provided the opportunity.

Bill may

1 member likes this post: fish
10/15/14, 3:44 PM   #83
dirt in ur beer
Banned

The one thing that I don't understand is "why is it that people on here R so adamant about this stuff?
305s suck!
Winged 305s suck!
Non wing 305s suck
Anything with a wing sucks!
For fricksake could someone b a little open minded? Most of us would watch barstool races cause it had the word races in the title!
Even I can do it . The other night at jacksonville after the track slicked off the mini sprints were running lap times equal to the 410s! I do not really care for mini sprints but found myself enjoying it(besides the sound) because those guys were hauling ass and had themselves one helluva race !
More race cars.... More better , right?

4 members like this post: Bill May, bn kleen, jts56, SWScaleChassis
10/15/14, 3:50 PM   #84
dirt in ur beer
Banned

And here's a crazy thought ..... How about you run them wing/nonwing every other week. Have year end points for winged , points for nonwing and a combined for the guys that do both.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
10/15/14, 3:59 PM   #85
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Dirt some just don't like change. When USAC first starting coming back east again there were a number of fans that fought the idea of wingless racing coming into Central PA. A couple summers ago there was a group trying to get a 358 non wing sprint group going and all you heard was it will never work in Central PA. A lot of the same reasons I read here I saw then.

10/15/14, 5:27 PM   #86
kcarm92

D#m. Lack of race knowledge thats something i have never been told guess i have been doing this so called racing wrong all these years maybe i can get someone to show me how.

10/15/14, 5:38 PM   #87
TQ29m

Silly Season a bit early is it not, what will it be like when it does arrive, I got to admit, this chatter is wearing me out, and it's only mid October, save some for later. Sheesh! Bob

10/15/14, 10:30 PM   #88
Rex W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarm92 View Post
D#m. Lack of race knowledge thats something i have never been told guess i have been doing this so called racing wrong all these years maybe i can get someone to show me how.
LMAO! Now that's funny Kenny hope u get someone to show how.

10/17/14, 11:27 AM   #89
flagboy55

I need all your input. what is the reason a track would add a class? in my mind, it would be to attract more people to increase revenue. after all, they got to make money, so more patrons, more money. but this 305 thing doesn't add up to me, with or without a wing.
lets say that they get 15 cars the first season. lets also say that it requires a $2600 purse to pay them with $500 to win and $100 to start. we'll say each car averages 3 people with them through the back gate, that's 45 pit passes. lets also say each of these guys bring 4 people in the stands to watch them, that's 60 front gate tickets sold. I don't know what the prices are at the track, but for the sake of this we'll say pit pass $25 and front gate $15. 45 pit passes at $25 = $1125, 60 tickets at $15 = $900, that my friends adds up to $2025 brought in from your new class. it also means they have to eat $575 of hot dogs just to break even on the purse.
now that said, I think its conservative to say about 1/3 or more of those 105 people attached to this new class are already buying tickets every race night.
what do you all think?

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jim goerge
10/17/14, 1:11 PM   #90
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarm92 View Post
Maybe Peggy?!!LoL

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

2 members like this post: jim goerge, Leohr46
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Why wings for 305 class?