IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > A tough time in Binghamton
9/8/11, 9:42 AM   #1
A tough time in Binghamton
TeamCGR

Although not race related, the rain is effecting many of our friends and families. Our Historic city of Binghamton is in serious jeopardy of going under water. The flood wall that was built in 2006 after the big flood we had is about to be breached. The water has never been higher. Our home is fine since we are in the mountains but our Business has water in the parking lot and about a foot from the door. Many others have not been as fortunate as their homes, cars and belongings are under water. So far, we are all safe but more rain is expected. Many of you have heard about Binghamton from our participation in Indiana Racing. If you want to see this Historic City, turn on the Weather Channel. They are broadcasting live from downtown. It is not looking too good.

Keep the fine folks of Binghamton in your thoughts this day and for the next few days as many will lose their homes and personal belongings. As stated, it is a tough time for the fine folks of Binghamton New York. Thanks...

Pete G.
www.colemangulick.com
Join us on Facebook: Coleman Gulick Racing
God Bless our Troops and God Bless the USA
Last edited by TeamCGR; 9/8/11 at 9:49 AM.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, speed bump
9/8/11, 9:46 AM   #2
Re: A tough time in Binghamton
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Thanks for sharing the info Pete. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of the residents of Binghamton and hope that the flooding will subside quickly. Be safe and keep us updated on the situation when time permits.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1 member likes this post: DAD
9/8/11, 10:10 AM   #3
IndyBound

Pete, thanks for the PM and for letting all of your IOW friends know how you are all doing. You remain in my thoughts and prayers along with my family in Pa. whose lives are being effected by flooding.

Stay safe!

Patti

9/8/11, 10:17 AM   #4
backitin

As of now it's not looking good as another big batch of unexpected rain is developed and is heading our way. Looks for sure the wall will be breached in Binghamton.

9/8/11, 10:45 AM   #5
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

We in Indiana are praying for all you folks!! Thanks for the updates.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
9/8/11, 11:19 AM   #6
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

I just saw a report from Chris Ward of the Weather Channel standing on a bridge in downtown Binghamton. WOW! So sad to see the water at the top of the flood wall. Chris reported that they are not letting anyone into Binghamton and are asking residents to leave to avoid the obvious. The radar certainly doesn't look favorable either.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
9/8/11, 11:20 AM   #7
i love dirt track racing

i seen the reports and was wondering how your town was doing. we all back here in indiana only wish the best for your town. me and the wife were watching the reports and i told her that is were team cgr was from. ihope that they will be ok. keep us posted on what is going on.

9/8/11, 11:38 AM   #8
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

My thoughts and prayers to all who are being affected by these terrible weather conditions....
Posted via Mobile Device

9/8/11, 11:42 AM   #9
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

My thoughts and prayers for everyone there. It is never good to see someone from the Weather Channel broadcasting from your home town.

9/8/11, 1:30 PM   #10
bojo20

Thoughts and prayers for all being affected back there.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > A tough time in Binghamton